MO. firearm hunt

Discuss turkey hunting's "second season" here
fallhnt

MO. firearm hunt

Postby fallhnt » October 11th, 2010, 2:52 pm

A buddy and I went to MO. over the weekend for our hunt.Not much going on sat. a.m. so we moved to a different area in the p.m.He had a hen come in off his rt. but couldn't get a shot.I had some birds come to the call just before roost time and took a hen.They roosted there for the night so game on in the a.m.We beached the boat with more than enough time for me to show him the lake front property the birds called home and get set up.At fly down he had a hen sail to him,with no calling,and he missed!He said it was the perfect shot.I started the soft sell after I heard him shoot and had a hen drop in and start the search for me.POW.I'm done.So I grab my bow and we head to a spot where I heard gobbler talk during my Sept. hunt.I went to a field to hunt and sent him to the area I heard the gobbler talk. I wasn't even set up yet when he radioed me and said he jumped two that flew off together.Not 5 min. after setting up and calling he had 3 longbeards come in to 60yrds. He spent the afternoon watching them off and on and said they roosted by him.No shot was offered.I had a couple of blue heads come to the call but brush saved them from getting arrowed.He can't wait for next weekend to get another chance at those longbeards.

fallhnt

RE: MO. firearm hunt

Postby fallhnt » October 11th, 2010, 2:59 pm

For some reason our site won't let me post the pic.I give up.I have no problem on other sites.

blueeyeddragon76

RE: MO. firearm hunt

Postby blueeyeddragon76 » October 11th, 2010, 3:35 pm

if you want to fallhntou can send e the pic and i can try to upload it for you
Kill It And Grill It!!!
My house is protected by the good lord and my gun!!
If you try to enter without being wanted
you might just meet both!

Return to Fall Hunting