bounty of nature

Discussions not related to turkey hunting and clean humor
singleshot

bounty of nature

Postby singleshot » April 15th, 2009, 6:27 pm

while turkey scouting/hunting has anybody found mushroom's and other wild edibles to go with turkey dinner?
John 1:1 John 1:14 KJV.

CB on the run

RE: bounty of nature

Postby CB on the run » April 16th, 2009, 11:06 am

I love mushrooms but don't know how to tell the good from the bad so all mine are found by my wife at the market.

Charlie Belle

Fan Club

Postby Fan Club » April 16th, 2009, 1:38 pm

ORIGINAL: singleshot

while turkey scouting/hunting has anybody found mushroom's and other wild edibles to go with turkey dinner?

We've never found any where we hunt in Missouri... but we know where to find 'em! Can only hunt until 1:00 pm there so we go 'shroomin', they go great with fried turkey breast and a cold pop for dinner!
"The joy of living is his, who has the heart to demand it." Teddy Roosevelt

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » April 16th, 2009, 2:39 pm

Hey Edward,

I have not seen any mushrooms yet this year. I think we need a little more warm weather. It's been very wet, so the crop should be good.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

dmcianfa

Postby dmcianfa » April 20th, 2009, 11:06 am

I will often stop to pick up some morelle's when I'm on my way back from a hunting spot if I'm not busy with both hands; meaning one being used to hold the shotgun and the other for a longbeard.  They are quite frequent in the upper penninsula and are easily spotted in the woods if you know where and what to look for.  I come accross them often and go well with a homemade gravy and breast slow cooked.  MMMMMMmmmmm
"After eating an entire moose, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut."

Return to Off Topic