Any success?

NEbeardhunter21

Any success?

Postby NEbeardhunter21 » April 14th, 2009, 3:22 pm

Howdy huskers,
       I was just wondering with shotgun season starting this weekend if any of you were bow hunting and if you had any success. I have been out running and gunning and have had no luck. I know, I know, before any of you start your supposed to use a blind but I didn't have one yet and I wasn't about to let that stop me from chasing the birds. Anyway, let me hear from ya, successful or not.
May your shells be live and your Toms be monsters

NEStrut

RE: Any success?

Postby NEStrut » April 16th, 2009, 11:53 am

I don't normally bow hunt for them, but am considering it for next year, if I can get enough practice in ahead of time. Of course we had freaking snow storms and blizzards up here on two of the weekend anyways....so probably wouldn't have gotten out much anyways.

Ready for the gun opener though.

NEbeardhunter21

Postby NEbeardhunter21 » April 20th, 2009, 4:48 am

How did we do opening weekend? I got 2 HUGE toms, one rio, one merriam. Both were too henned up to come to call so I had to go after them but man was it fun. My buddy and I pulled a double, him with his bow mine gun. Awesome! Let me hear from you.

NEStrut

Postby NEStrut » April 20th, 2009, 9:59 am

Well....I didn't do too hot. Went out in the rain on Saturday morning, and heard some gobbling off the roost, but never got anything to come my way after flydown.

I had family obligations that didn't let me get out on Sunday, but hoping for a little better luck over the next couple weekends.

Will let you know if/when they start dropping up here. [:)]

neal

Postby neal » April 27th, 2009, 5:28 am

Well 4 of us went to Kansas on the 18th killed 8 birds then got to NE on the 20th we killed 6 total I took 3 of them out. We left the morning of the 23rd. We had a great time great weather birds were hened up bad!

Good Luck!!

Neal

NEStrut

Postby NEStrut » April 27th, 2009, 6:59 am

Neal -

Congratulations!

Glad to hear you guys did some good up this way.

Hoping to follow suit this weekend.

NEbeardhunter21

Postby NEbeardhunter21 » May 14th, 2009, 2:40 pm

Howdy Huskers!
      hope everybody is having fun this spring. It's been kind of quiet here. UPDATE: I got tom #3 on Monday. I came home from work and took a glance across the road and looke there, 3 toms, 2 jakes and 2 hens! I changed into my "comfortable" clothes and set out after them. I had to climb up 2 canyons and beat feet to get in front of them but managed to do it. I found a nice patch of briers to hide behind and started "talkin". 5 min. later I saw birds come over the rise. First to come was a nice tom and I let him have it at 35 yds. 22 pounds, 1 in spurs, 8 in beard and boy did he taste good.

nhtrkybstr

Postby nhtrkybstr » May 14th, 2009, 2:48 pm

Hey you Nebraska hunters!

I would really love to come out there and hunt merriams! Can you give me any ideas on the cost involved, bag limits, good outfitters, etc?

Any advice would be appriciated.
You can't kill'em sittin' on the couch!

Return to Nebraska