Pup makes web site

Discuss turkey hunting's "second season" here
thundrchikin

RE: Pup makes web site

Postby thundrchikin » April 16th, 2009, 4:56 am

CB,I am also sorry to hear of your loss.This is my first go around with turkey dogs and I allready see there is a great amount of work and training involved,this would make it that much harder when a dog passes I'm sure.It is great to see that you had success with a beagle that is usually not the first breed that comes to mind when a person thinks of turkey dogs.That should be a good reminder to folks that with the proper training and effort there are a great variety of breeds that can do the job.This should open the sport up to alot more people as it doesn't require a high dollar breed to be involved.I hope when you do find your next turkey dog it works out great for you.Good Luck.
canecreekcalls.com

turkeydoghunter

Postby turkeydoghunter » April 23rd, 2009, 4:48 pm

cb...i am partial to the boykin breed the whole package...color ,size, intell. and hunting skills....mine will hunt pheasant ,waterfowl ,and fur....besides jacking up flocks of turkeys...i  do love a good beagle for rabbits,I shot a sweet, thick , long bearded hen, that my friends beagle flushed ....you make the call....if you want a cracker jack turkey dog what ever breed you choose just work on turkeys untill they got it down ....then if the dog shows his smarts,   go on to other game....a boykin in my opion would be a family /hunting dog ....and would be best kept in doors...unlike most beagles that are kept in pens most of their lives....i have noticed with my dogs that they are very quick to pick up on game....and are barkers so you get that part also.....
Break em at Night...Back at light

turkeydoghunter

Postby turkeydoghunter » April 23rd, 2009, 4:51 pm

trkyklr

Postby trkyklr » April 23rd, 2009, 4:55 pm

hows ol jun'ya & dixy doin ron?...itchin' for the hunt i assume..

turkeydoghunter

Postby turkeydoghunter » April 23rd, 2009, 4:55 pm

turkeydoghunter

Postby turkeydoghunter » April 23rd, 2009, 4:59 pm

their great ...finally this sat pa opener ....yahoo!!!!!!!!!

trkyklr

Postby trkyklr » April 23rd, 2009, 5:03 pm

good luck!

CB on the run

Postby CB on the run » April 26th, 2009, 7:59 am

Turkeydoghunter,
  I sent you a PM but I don't think it went through due to an internet connection problem.  My beagles are all inside dogs but I'm interested in the Boykin breed.  How's the coat, burrs & shedding?  How's the ear, they're related to cockers right?  I see a lab in the one picuture, she runs with other dogs?  Thanks for any information.

Charlie Belle

thundrchikin

Postby thundrchikin » April 30th, 2009, 11:17 am

More pup pictures posted on turkeydog.org.She's coming around very well.Loves those wings!
canecreekcalls.com

thundrchikin

Postby thundrchikin » May 28th, 2009, 12:02 pm

As some of you may or may not be aware Wis.turkey doggers have tried for several years to get the use of dogs for turkeys legalized.It has finally happened, Fall 2010 dogs will be legal in the whole state.This is a great victory not only for WI but for turkey hunters nation wide.There is power in numbers and anything that introduces more people to turkey hunting with/without dogs can only help the sport we all love.Congrats WI and turkey hunters everywhere this is great news.
canecreekcalls.com

PreviousNext

Return to Fall Hunting