spring 2009

arrowsonly

spring 2009

Postby arrowsonly » April 7th, 2009, 6:27 pm

Anybody in MN seeing any birds? Can't wait May 5-9 zone 349 Houston County...
look em' in the eye before you give em' the shaft...
be a man hunt public land...

dewey

RE: spring 2009

Postby dewey » April 9th, 2009, 6:13 pm

3 weeks ago I was up by my hunting land and I was watching 19 turkeys (1 tom and 18 hens).  The tom was a strutting like crazy at about 8 am-8:30 am.  The next day I saw a lone tom in the same area but he was a gobbling his head off, it got me pretty excited about the upcoming season.  I will be up their this weekend and I will take some pictures and report back on Monday.

dewey

RE: MN spring 2009

Postby dewey » April 14th, 2009, 3:44 am

I was up by Detroit Lakes this past weekend and I saw a lot of turkeys.  Sunday morning around 8:00 am was especially interesting as I was watching 3 toms (who we have dubbed the 3 amigos) along with a couple of hens.  Then I saw the tom and the hen start breeding and then 10 minutes later another tom and hen breeding.  During this whole process 2 more jakes come down the hill and the 3 amigos and the 2 jakes are having a strutting contest.  A little while later 2 more toms come to the same area and I snuck out the side door of the in-laws place and I grabbed a pair of binoculars and watched them sneak off across a meadow and then disappear into some more trees.  After all the gobbling, strutting and breeding i am way excited to go hunting May 10-14.

Below is a picture of the 3 amigos from about 3 weeks ago right by the front of the garage.

Return to Minnesota