Gotten the itch

Hoosiernavy

Gotten the itch

Postby Hoosiernavy » February 19th, 2009, 3:53 am

Hey all, I am new to the site and only in my second year of turkey hunting but for some reason I am looking forward to this season, each day that goes by and gets closer to the opener for Tennesse and Indiana, the excitement builds.

Looking forward to seeing and hearing how everyone does.

Eric

bomonster

RE: Gotten the itch

Postby bomonster » February 22nd, 2009, 3:23 pm

Being new here myself guess I'll take the time and say hi.

Redlab

Postby Redlab » April 5th, 2009, 3:45 pm

Eric, Saw you were drawn for Big Oaks. Have you been to Tennessee yet?  Good luck this year.  

Hoosiernavy

Postby Hoosiernavy » April 6th, 2009, 12:17 pm

Yep just found out that I got drawn for the big oaks hunt, never been down there for turkey hunting, but they seem to have a very low population, looked at the harvest data and not many birds taken last year or the year prior, I think the highest number out of a zone was 4.

I went to Tenn and hunted for 4 days and man they were henned up real bad, I am hoping after this bad weather rolls through and the temps start to rise they will start doing alittle more talking.

hoosierhunter

Postby hoosierhunter » April 7th, 2009, 7:56 am

Just thought I'd say "hey", to the rest of ya hoosiers and good luck also. I know the birds in the southern part of the state have been hammerin the hills, but reckon the weather will slow em down a little, not much though. Seen some breeding flocks Saturday around Washington, several strutters and 12 or so hens. I'm glad to see that, as imo it means the toms will be more receptive when our season opens, more so inn the south though ,as the weather up north still hasn't stabilised yet. After all it is Indiana. Remember, no preseson calling.

GOOD LUCK, GOD BLESS, AND STAY SAFE!
L.K.LESLIE
HOOSIER HUNTER CUSTOM CALLS
MOSSY OAK PROSTAFF-TURKEYS
[img]local://214/2D3DFFE8352B41E3A81747EBOBC5F370[/IMAGE]

Return to Indiana