Who's from Nebraska

NEStrut

Who's from Nebraska

Postby NEStrut » April 1st, 2009, 7:35 am

Hey everybody - They just added Nebraska to the state forums.

So, those of you who live here, or hunt here, come on and say hey.

Where you from, and where do you hunt?

I'm from Osmond, and I hunt up here in this Northeast part of the state. Hoping to get a chance to run out to my uncle's place around Ainsworth this year to.

neal

RE: Who's from Nebraska

Postby neal » April 3rd, 2009, 7:26 pm

Hey Nebraska

I'm from northern Wisconsin and on the 20th of April me and 3 buddies will be hunting the northeast part of the state after 3 days in Kansas.

Good luck this spring!

Neal

NEStrut

Postby NEStrut » April 6th, 2009, 5:45 am

Hope the snows gone by then.

The area I'm planning to hunt on currently has approx 12" of snow after last weeks storm and the blizzard we had over the weekend. If you head a little farther west from me, out toward the middle of the state, they've got even more.  Supposed to be in the 50s and 60s starting tomorrow, so it should melt pretty quick, but might still be a pretty muddy mess come opener.

So, should be interesting.

NEbeardhunter21

Postby NEbeardhunter21 » April 6th, 2009, 8:15 am

Hey guys,
       My name is Dennis and I'm from Broken Bow. I'm pretty new to the turkey thing but I'm HOOKED!!! This is my first spring hunt and can't wait till shotgun starts. I'm runnin and gunnin with a bow right now with little success. It's always good to hear from fellow Huskers, I know there are more out there.
May your shells be live and your Toms be monsters

NEStrut

Postby NEStrut » April 6th, 2009, 9:23 am

Hey NEbeardhunter21 -

Glad to finally get a response from somebody else from Nebraska on here. [:)]

I do most of my hunting up here, but am hoping to be over in your neck of the woods for a weekend sometime this spring.

I've got an uncle and cousin who own adjacent ranches between Ainsworth and Elsmere, and am hoping to get over there for a weekend. I know he's got quite a few birds, just need to be able to work the weekend away from the wife and kid into my schedule. [8|]

Good luck on your first spring hunt. I'm sure you'll be hooked even more after that.

NEbeardhunter21

Postby NEbeardhunter21 » April 6th, 2009, 12:12 pm

Thanks NEStrut,
        I do most of my hunting on private property that my buddy either owns or has permission to hunt. Most of it is in the Sargent, Burwell area. I'm going to try some public hunting this year to. There are about 300 birds around my house south of Broken Bow but don't have permission to hunt, so I just get to observe and practice my calling.    Later

mark hay

Postby mark hay » April 6th, 2009, 1:12 pm

don't mean to evesdrop ,,,,but evening fellers . good luck to all this spring . glad to see your name up here again beardhunter.
 form ohio,,,,good huntin' fellers

NEbeardhunter21

Postby NEbeardhunter21 » April 9th, 2009, 8:36 am

Hey Mark,
     I hope I speak for the whole state when I say that you are welcome here anytime. It's not evesdropping if your invited right? Great success to you too Mark and all that are reading this.

mark hay

Postby mark hay » April 9th, 2009, 2:05 pm

likewise , beardhunter

beardseeker

Postby beardseeker » April 9th, 2009, 6:10 pm

I was raised near Hastings. Now live in Colorado but come back to hunt gobblers near Hastings and Superior every year. Turkey population has exploded since I hunted there as a kid. Wish NE would take care of pheasants. I'd be back more often. 

Next

Return to Nebraska