5 days in..

trkyklr

5 days in..

Postby trkyklr » April 1st, 2009, 4:49 pm

..& i finaly found a bird that wanted to play the game...lucky for me he lost...

i located this bird the day before on one of our wma's..i was walking back to the jeep when i heard him gobble..i eased around the edge of a feild to find him in the middle strutting..i slid up beside a tree to evaluate the situation..he was about 80 yards out,so i reckon i could have doodied on him,but thats not my style.. so i just sat & waited..well i got antsy & decided to move(big mistake)..i got busted & he fled the scene...the next day i talked my boss into letting me leave work early & headed back out to the wma to try to relocate the gobbler from the previous day..i stoped at several locations on my way in to blow a crow call & hopefully get a gobble out of a bird...never happened...i reached a spot about 150 yards from where i had seen the gobbler the day before & stood for a minute..then pulled out a slate call (morgans) & yelped on it a few times..i waited 7/8 minutes then yelped a few more times...well 5 min later i was gonna continue forward..i turned my head a bit to see this bird standing at about 30 yards & staring straight at me...we had a stand off for what seemed like eternity...then he made the mistake of trying to carrying on his day to day journey..thats when he gave me an oppurtunity to feed him some #6's

7" beard 3/4" spurs.. 

Ozarks Hillbilly

RE: 5 days in..

Postby Ozarks Hillbilly » April 2nd, 2009, 10:00 am

congrats again trkyklr, sometimes things just have a way of working out. [:)]
These Ozark Mountains Ain't High But The Hollers Sure Are Deep

mark hay

RE: 5 days in..

Postby mark hay » April 2nd, 2009, 10:59 am

good job KEN, ,,,,on the scouting and the hunt . your patience is commendable !

Return to Tennessee