Basketball challenge

Discussions not related to turkey hunting and clean humor
sailfish

Basketball challenge

Postby sailfish » March 16th, 2009, 11:57 am

Hello, I have most recently been introduced to the TTH forum. I have been a loyal member to your sister publication forum** (DDH-Deer and Deer hunting) for some time.

We are having a free/friendly college basketball bracket challenge and would like to invite our fellow members.

If your interested here is the information, I look forward to the challenge (and the games of course)!:

Here is the link to sign up:

http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.c ... deerhunter

It require's creating a yahoo ID, but I think most of us already have one, if not it is easy to create.

The bracket is called F & W Media Hunters
Group ID#: 132501
Password: primarydeerhunter

**This is not spam, honest. Just a legitimate fun challenge. The more the merrier!!

OHhunter

RE: Basketball challenge

Postby OHhunter » March 16th, 2009, 3:18 pm

I'm in, so far it looks like it just me and you
Brad

"Without hunting there would be no conservation, without conservation there would be no wildlife."
-Rob Keck

sailfish

Postby sailfish » March 16th, 2009, 4:03 pm

we'll get 'er going

Gobblerman

Postby Gobblerman » March 16th, 2009, 5:53 pm

Okay, Sailfish, I went to the site and I guess I joined up.  I'm not really sure what the heck I'm doing, but I'm listed below you and OHhunter.

Jim

sailfish

Postby sailfish » March 17th, 2009, 2:26 am

good deal gobbleman! Looks like overnight we jumped up to 8 players.

It pretty simple; when you go to the site and log in, go to your "name" (are you primary deer hunter?) and click on it.

then you just start picking the winners for each location (midwest, west, east, south, semi finals and finals) by clicking on the teams name you think will win. You pick all the way to the end and your overall winner (or at least who you think will win). Once the games start thursday our picks are locked!

Yahoo does all the scoring for us.

sailfish

Postby sailfish » March 18th, 2009, 6:50 am

Some folks have been having trouble either navigating the bracket homepage, or can't find themselves in the group or getting an error message about group is full or something.

Here is the link of all current, registered players:
http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1/group/132501/standings

I have noticed that Yahoo has the bracket site set-up kind of goofy this year, but here is what you can do if you are having problems:

I have just been clicking on the header F & W Media at your bracket homepage (above your user name), then Standings or Complete Standings to see who all is in.

Or at the top is a selection that says HOME / My Groups and Brackets / Overall / ETC, select My Groups And Brackets and you will see F & W Media (or more if you joined others), select it, then Standings, to see you and the others in F & W Media.

sailfish

Postby sailfish » March 18th, 2009, 12:53 pm

Reminder!

I probably won't get back here tonight and possibly tomorrow, so be sure to MAKE YOUR PICKS and SAVE THEM!

I want to run the table fair and square Image

Its looking like a good one this year!

sailfish

Postby sailfish » March 23rd, 2009, 8:02 am

Anyone other than me 3rd from last??

[:'(][:@][:(]

Gobblerman

Postby Gobblerman » March 23rd, 2009, 9:57 am

Hey, thanks for bringing that up Sailfish.  It looks like it might be between you and me to see who is at the bottom of the heap. ....And I actually had a pretty good feeling about my picks before things got going!  Must have been indigestion...or something.  Bottom line is....I really suck!  However, my goal at this point is to ....just beat YOU, dude!  Image  Image

Jim

sailfish

Postby sailfish » March 26th, 2009, 5:23 pm

Game on!

I'm gonna hold solo position tonight of 26th place instead of 28th!!!

[;)]

Next

Return to Off Topic