Spring 2009 reports

sailfish

Spring 2009 reports

Postby sailfish » March 23rd, 2009, 8:21 am

Anyone have any?

FISH88

RE: Spring 2009 reports

Postby FISH88 » March 24th, 2009, 7:58 am

HEY SAILFISH....... We had an awesome opening morning!!! I called in a nice gobbler with a 9inch beard for my buddie!! It was his 1st bird!! We hunt private property in madison county!!! Finally had my 1st textbook hunt!! Thought it would never happen!!!LOL.... EVERYTHING WENT PERFECT!! Sunday morning everything was all messed up!! All hens no gobblers!!! Wind howled bad all nite!! Would like to think that had a little too do with it.... How bout you??? any luck???

sailfish

Postby sailfish » March 25th, 2009, 9:43 am

Awesome!
My BIL has a place in Coon Bottom in Leon county. Beautiful area you have up there!
Which call? Box, mouth, friction?

FISH88

Postby FISH88 » March 26th, 2009, 6:35 am

I use a quaker boy mini mag split v... ( REALLLLLY RASPY) So i started with some soft yelps at daylight after the crows got them fired up!! We set up between 2 gobblers after flushing a hen back toward the house witch i think was HUGE!!!!!!  If she woulda flown the opposite way woulda went straight to him!!! So anyway we sat down not sure what to expect, birds were goin crazy all around us!! I focused on the one gobbling rite out in front of us prolly 2oo YRDS roosted on the edge of a big clearing!! Told my buddy where to point his gun and got out a new slate from last year!! KNIGHT AND HALE SILVER HAMMER GLASS!!! Dang did he love that!!! purred him in all the way to the barrel of my 835 ulti mag!! My boy did awesome... he never had to move the gun!!! Everything went way tooo perfect for once!!! Have yall had any luck yet??? Couldnt help but to tell ya the whole story!!!LOL

sailfish

Postby sailfish » March 26th, 2009, 5:28 pm

Fish, that is a great report!
I hope we can read more just like that!
Gear, technique, it was like I was right there with ya.

Nothing exciting on my side to report
I'lll live vicariously through you..... for now [:D]

Great work!

Return to Florida