Where are all the SC boys at?

HAWAIIAN

RE: sc boys?

Postby HAWAIIAN » March 19th, 2009, 10:06 am

POSSUM KINGDOM, S.C.

tommyhawk

Postby tommyhawk » March 20th, 2009, 10:41 am

i'm one and hunters like my calls and turkeys hate to hear I came up with yet another killer mouth call

SCHUNTER

Postby SCHUNTER » April 6th, 2009, 2:04 pm

Florence,SC here

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » April 8th, 2009, 10:06 am

Nice bird -- congrats! I'll be in South Carolina on Tuesday and Wednesday next week, but unfortunately not to hunt. I'll be in the Rock Hill/York area. For future reference, any turkey around there?

Steve
When [url="http://www.EverydayHunter.com"]"The Everyday Hunter"[/url] isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

SCHUNTER

Postby SCHUNTER » April 8th, 2009, 11:16 am

dont know about up ther.but anytime your around here let me know.
had another big bird on me yesterday.but no shot will try to find him this
weekend.

Swampgobbler

Postby Swampgobbler » April 16th, 2009, 9:55 am

ScHunter, i'm from florence also.  Seems like you are having a much better season than i am.  I've seen a few birds, but i have heard maybe 2 gobbles in about 7 hunting days.  I have never heard the birds this quiet.  Seems like everyone i have talked to has said pretty much the same thing.  Had two birds in front of me today, and just as they were inching closer to my decoy a coon dog came out of no where and chased them all away.  I was hoping for some divine intervention, but good grief. [8|]

SCHUNTER

Postby SCHUNTER » April 20th, 2009, 3:26 pm

swampgobbler what part of florence do u hunt.me i hunt off pamplico hwy.and yes the birds have just shut up over here too.did have one fired up sat morn.he gobbled about 4 or 5 time and then he vanished.have seen plenty in the fields going too the club but no birds on the club.plenty of trackes but no birds.good luck with the rest of the season.let me know how it goes.

Swampgobbler

Postby Swampgobbler » April 21st, 2009, 2:25 pm

i don't have any land in florence to hunt.  i did hunt the paper mill club with a buddy one day, but we didn't do any good.  also hunted with another friend that owns some land off of old river rd but we didn't see or hear a bird.  i've been hunting land on the edge of marion county.  haven't seen a longbeard yet, but plenty of hens and jakes.  they just aren't gobbling this year for some reason.  i think i'll take the rest of the season off and get back to making calls. on second thought, i'd kick myself all year if i didn't keep on trying[:D]

good luck

Return to South Carolina