Turkey Reaping

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
Uncle Nicky2

Re: Turkey Reaping

Postby Uncle Nicky2 » June 1st, 2014, 5:52 am

I've done this before (either with a Pretty Boy decoy or a fan), 100% positive this increases your odds of killing a bird dramatically. I'm not suicidal, and I've also had a gun pointed my direction (while hunting over decoys in a tent blind), so I'm well aware of what can possibly happen out there when adrenaline & emotions run high.

That said, I'd hunt behind a turkey fan or a life size gobbler decoy again, but I'm going to make 100% sure I'm on private land and that I'm all alone (or that I call or text my hunting partners and let them know what I'm doing). Like anything else, common sense and precaution should be used. Hunting closer to home in a more crowded state (PA, NY, NJ)....no way I'd attempt this stunt. I don't think promoting this method of turkey hunting on TV to newer hunters is such a brilliant idea either. :roll:

hawglips

Re: Turkey Reaping

Postby hawglips » June 2nd, 2014, 3:24 pm

This is a logical extension of hunting with decoys.

mookyj wrote:Folks over at oldgobbler claim I'm a being liberal, telling everyone what to do,...

That place is all about telling everyone else what to do, and being dishonest in the process...

Previous

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion