How is team 3 doing

rbewilson

How is team 3 doing

Postby rbewilson » April 22nd, 2014, 9:02 pm

Well half of my season is here and what a season I am having,should be tag out but I am having problem with shooting this year.I have called in 4-long breads,I got 1 and miss 3 others.

daniel ripley

Re: How is team 3 doing

Postby daniel ripley » April 26th, 2014, 2:56 pm

i still have 5 days till my season starts, i can't wait!!
[imghttp://genesis9.angzva.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/gbuster3.jpg]before%20and[/img]after

Gobblerman

Postby Gobblerman » April 28th, 2014, 8:40 am

Well, I've been gone on and off for most of the past month and have very little time to participate on the forums. However, I will report that, after four states worth of traveling and hunting, that I did manage to dispatch five mature gobblers this season,...three Rios and two Merriams.

Our Osceola hunt fell apart before it even got started, and I got zeroed by the Tennessee Easterns, but things picked up when we headed back west to Texas, Oklahoma, and then here in New Mexico. I'm done for the spring,...unless some last-minute opportunity comes up that I just can't pass up, but that is unlikely to happen.

So, put me down for a mature bird in the team scoreboard. ....Hope everybody else on the team,...and on the T&TH forum,... is having a great spring!
JIm

shaman

Postby shaman » April 28th, 2014, 11:59 am

How am I doing?

I feel like a fart at a wedding. I hunted 11 of the first 15 days of KY Spring Gobbler Season. On day 2, I managed to call in nice gob for Angus. Since then? So far, two scenarios have been common:

1) Turkeys are gobbling their heads off. I sit down, make one call, and they all shut up and I don't hear them again until the next day.

2) I don't hear anything.

Finally, Saturday, I was out in the afternoon and after 3 hours of calling and waiting, I reached down to take a sip on my coffee. I heard a loud cluck on my 5 O'Clock-- turned around just in time to see a gobbler get airborne at 10 yards. It would have been impossible to see him, let alone shoot him, util he was right on me, but DANG!

The previous day, I did get gobblers to honor my calls, but there was a front moving through . I'd call. The gobs would answer and start moving towards me. Then the next squall would hit-- rain, wind, thunder, lightning. 40 minutes later the rain would end, and I'd start over. That lasted for 6 hours.

I'm trying to be philosophical about it, but I have two days left -- next weekend. Wish me all luck.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
ImageImage

rbewilson

Postby rbewilson » April 28th, 2014, 9:02 pm

hang in guys

daniel ripley

Postby daniel ripley » April 30th, 2014, 9:18 am

tomorrow is opening day here in NY can't wait!!!! I've been waiting for long enough and its time i get in the woods.
[imghttp://genesis9.angzva.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/gbuster3.jpg]before%20and[/img]after

shaman

Postby shaman » May 5th, 2014, 5:19 am

Mark me down for a scratch.

I hunted 11 of the first 14 days and 16 of 21 overall, and all I have to show for it is

1) 1 gob called in for my son on the Opener
2) A bearded hen busted me. I had a shot later that morning on her, but pulled up when I saw the blue head.
3) A gobbler busted me last Saturday-- I had no idea he was there. It was windy, He came up through 100 yards of tall grass and appeared behind my right shoulder.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
ImageImage

Return to Team 3