Confessions of a Turkey Stalker

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
JPH

RE: Confessions of a Turkey Stalker

Postby JPH » March 17th, 2009, 7:27 am

ORIGINAL: longspur

This "bushwacking", or "stalking" are just silly names for ways people go about turkey hunting. It has been done since man started hunting. Why the hostility in every post? I can't stand when people have to cheapshot their way through and can't explain their thought process on the situation. Stop the non-sense. We all have different methods we implement to tag birds or get the thrill out of a hunt, whether or not a bird is tagged. Not everyone has the same thoughts on these certain methods, but have respect. You aren't always going to agree or be agreed with, so just have respect and you will get the same back. -Kevin

X 1!!!

Magnumdood

Postby Magnumdood » March 17th, 2009, 9:21 am

ORIGINAL: longspur

This "bushwacking", or "stalking" are just silly names for ways people go about turkey hunting. It has been done since man started hunting. Why the hostility in every post? I can't stand when people have to cheapshot their way through and can't explain their thought process on the situation. Stop the non-sense. We all have different methods we implement to tag birds or get the thrill out of a hunt, whether or not a bird is tagged. Not everyone has the same thoughts on these certain methods, but have respect. You aren't always going to agree or be agreed with, so just have respect and you will get the same back. -Kevin

Well, I see the reason for your confusion; you're assuming the people attacking engage in thought before they post.  If this were in person, they would be doing what we fondly referred to as, "engaging their mouth before engaging their brain."  It usually ended up with someone in cuffs going to jail, when with just a little forethought, they could have gotten a ride home.

Magnumdood

Postby Magnumdood » March 17th, 2009, 9:25 am

ORIGINAL: trkyklr

your not a "real" turkey hunter if you knowingly shoot at birds 70 yards away[:@]...scopes have nothing to do with being "real" or not...calling is just part of the game...no one said you have to be good...a love sick gobbler will come to about any kind of calling when the time is right

Really?

I think Turkey Commander would differ with you on the optics part. 

trkyklr

Postby trkyklr » March 17th, 2009, 11:16 am

really?..well yeah!

tc disagree? let me check & i'll get back witcha.[;)]

Magnumdood

Postby Magnumdood » March 17th, 2009, 11:44 am

moved

Magnumdood

Postby Magnumdood » March 17th, 2009, 11:46 am