Opening day 2014

Planning a guided turkey hunt? Looking for tips in choosing the best outfitter? Discuss options here.
chuggins3473

Opening day 2014

Postby chuggins3473 » February 14th, 2014, 9:25 pm

My father and I are looking into hunting in Alabama for opening weekend. We live in Georgia and our season comes in the next weekend. We just would like to get a head start on the gobbling! Does anyone have any suggestions?

kygobbler

Re: Opening day 2014

Postby kygobbler » February 16th, 2014, 5:48 pm

Im from KY so I cant help you out but have you looked into hunting public land in AL.
Is it turkey season yet?

chuggins3473

Postby chuggins3473 » February 16th, 2014, 7:57 pm

Yea that's what we are probably going to do. I just was seeing if any one had some private land. I know our season last two weeks longer than alabama and would be able to offer a late season hunt over here in return. We have 600 acres and it just me and my dad. It's loaded with birds and we have a great time at camp!

turkey junky

Postby turkey junky » February 19th, 2014, 11:17 pm

there is a nice man with the name BAMABIRDBUSTER13 on hear you mite want to PM him i think he guides some there in AL he mite be able to steer you in the write direction he is a real nice guy...

like kygobbler says id look into public land if all else fails??? there is alot of it there & a laod of turkeys in AL i know a few GA boys that go to AL each year to kick things off im sure you guys will have a blast...

i have some western public land spots to share with you or take you all to if you would be interested in a hunt trade type situation some day??? i had a buddy with land to hunt near newnan GA but he moved away B4 i was able to take him up on the offer... do keep that offer in mind chuggins...

good luck & hope you find what you are looking for B4 the season kicks off... happy safe hunting to you & yours...

chuggins3473

Postby chuggins3473 » February 20th, 2014, 8:16 pm

thanks for the info, i thank we r gunna hunt public land this year and go from there. I am interested in some hunt swaps though. thats one of the things me and my dad have talked about. He wants to work on his slam before he gets too old. i Know my grandad killed over 200 that we know about before he passed i just dont know if he ever completed his slam. So we are looking to travel and hunt different country side.

turkey junky

Postby turkey junky » February 20th, 2014, 9:10 pm

i just need my osceola to rap up my public land DIY grand slam i know great places to go for each sub species & if you have the time we could knock out 2 of the 4 sub species on 1 hunt just have to travel a little bit or hunt 2 states ... i have great merriams & rio grande spots & a few hybrid turkey areas if you want to share a hunt some day do let me know...

best of luck to you guys on your public land hunt thats the only way i hunt i like it much better then give me hunts thats just me....

chuggins3473

Postby chuggins3473 » February 20th, 2014, 9:31 pm

I agree with the public land, I got a sweet spot on the oconee national forest. That's were I cut my teeth and got some killer experience. But dude those are some tough birds. REALLY TOUGH!! Blast to hunt though, Huge bottoms and even bigger creeks. Match that with a ton of hens and you can drive yourself crazy out there.

Return to Guides & Outfitters