If the "advancements" in turkey hunting eqipment and tactics are leading to a more dangerous enviornment, where is the proof?
I would think that most hunters are more aware of safety than they were years ago. I know as I was growing up, hardly anyone wore seat belts, and child car seats were not used by most people. You wouldn't even think of not putting your kid in a child restraint know.
Before the advent of heavier than lead loads, and better choke tubes, there probably was more hunters peppered by shot than there is now. Just with the new loads, these "accidents" cause more bodily damage, and possible higher mortality per incident.
1. I have looked up stats. I said as much in my OP. I did not find solid data to support my opinion. Apparently you have. Please share it.
2. Please explain the part about being nasty and wracking up posts. I don't get it.
3. New products are making things more dangerous, but by your admission accidents are on the decline? Please expalin.
4. Aggressive tactis are making things more dangerous, but by your admission accidents are on the decline? Again, please explain.
5. Thanks for making your level of concern for your fellow hunters loud and clear.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests