Website Attacks

Report inappropriate postings or technical problems.
WillowRidgeCalls

Re: Website Attacks

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » February 15th, 2014, 2:08 am

Kennethfag
JimmieWelo......124 posts
CindiDubose
GiuseppeMor
Michaelst
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » February 15th, 2014, 9:04 am

Michaelst
Last edited by WillowRidgeCalls on February 15th, 2014, 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

rlandsverk

Postby rlandsverk » February 15th, 2014, 9:06 am

thank you. I have our tech people working this weekend on this.

you put my name on the list :(

Rocky
web manager

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » February 15th, 2014, 10:20 am

rlandsverk wrote:thank you. I have our tech people working this weekend on this.

you put my name on the list :(

Rocky
web manager

Sorry Rocky, I didn't recognize your name, it's been corrected :oops: . With the amount of spammers we've been over run with lately, you can kind of tell which ones they are just by the way they post their names like JimmieWelo did. Useally a capital letter in the middle of a name sets a watch up for them to post crap at don't belong of this site, but it's hard to tell just who is who? The regulars are kind of suspicious of names we don't see often and don't post, after they've been on a couple times even just reading we let them slide by, but with all the spammers we've had lately, we are just being overly careful, so not to loose any members as we may have already? The spammers are pissing a lot of people off and the threat of loosing the few good posting people is priorty one. Maybe moving the New Members thread up to the top would be better? That way new members see it first and would say helllo to the site, where it is now most don't even see it until they've posted a few times, and by them we already know who they are. Member Moderators could help a lot of this crap from happening, as we are on the site often and watching it more than you guys that have other jobs to do, they could keep an eye on what is going on here and take care of a lot of these problem, like spammers, or people posting for sale threads all over the site, or remove posts that are getting out of control by people starting arguments about something. The cleaner we keep the site the more enjoyable the site is for every one. That's one of the problems D&DH has, there are a lot of good people there, but there are a few that aren't. People won't come onto a site and post if all they are going to get is a lot of flack about it. This site has been cleaned up very nicely, a couple years ago it was just the opposite, if you posted a question about something you had 10 guys climb on your back for asking a question. We don't need that, a good discussion is very helpful to everyone. Sorry again, my mistake :oops: .
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

rlandsverk

Postby rlandsverk » February 15th, 2014, 10:47 am

no apology necessary. My username looks funny; I don't manage the site with my regular full-name username.

I appreciate your work and your thoughts. we'll get the site fixed; I'm frustrated that it's taken too long already.

Rocky

retranger

Postby retranger » February 16th, 2014, 8:57 am

rlandsverk wrote: That's one of the problems D&DH has, there are a lot of good people there, but there are a few that aren't. People won't come onto a site and post if all they are going to get is a lot of flack about it.

This is very true, I have seen it personally in just the last couple days, a couple fellows there drive folks away :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I just posted that on a different thread here. The D&DH site can not compare to this site. Seems to be a lot of interest to help here, don't know why it doesn't happen, but I don't know the workings of a site. ;) Hope we don't fall through the cracks :!: :!:
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » February 17th, 2014, 10:39 am

Here is another one............KroftiKLM

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » February 17th, 2014, 9:10 pm

Hey Rocky, I can get back on with cell phone. Thank you

dewey

Postby dewey » February 27th, 2014, 9:55 pm

Here is another POS.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » February 28th, 2014, 12:22 am

two more
paryanaeria
trianiUncooca
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

PreviousNext

Return to Contact