Bushnell red dot

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
fl panhandler

Bushnell red dot

Postby fl panhandler » June 9th, 2011, 2:25 pm

I had a Bushnell holosight die on one of my turkey guns. It was out of warranty and a discontinued model so they offered me an opportunity to purchase this scope for pretty cheap. I am not familiar with it. Does anyone know anything about it? There is not that many reviews out there from what I've been able to find.
http://www.bushnell.com/products/scopes ... ot/730001/
Rick

allaboutshooting

RE: Bushnell red dot

Postby allaboutshooting » June 15th, 2011, 4:06 am

Hey Rick,

I had a couple of the Holo sights and shoot a lot of different "dot" type sights from time to time but I am not familiar with that particular one.

Bushnell makes some great products, in my experience. I'll be interested to hear how that one works for you.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

air leak

RE: Bushnell red dot

Postby air leak » June 16th, 2011, 1:28 am

I have a Red Dot on my 870 rifled slug barrel. We like it, it's better than open sights. However, a couple of things to remember. It doesn't have any magnification and doesn't gather light like a scope will do. In the fall, with the woods more drab, ie without leaves and usually more cloudy overcast weather, the 'Dot' stands out. In the spring, with more bright sunlight, the 'Dot' is harder to see and pick up.

To save the battery, I'll sit with the 'Dot' turned 'off', and switch it 'on' when I/we have something coming.....just DON'T forget to turn it on BEFORE you raise the gun for a shot....

Return to Shooting