Computer nerd needed

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
kygobbler

Computer nerd needed

Postby kygobbler » January 29th, 2014, 4:59 pm

For the last two weeks any time I have had free time I have been playing with my Tongue Teasers, the turkey calls! I got to thinking about recording the sounds and loading them onto the site. When I tried this I recieved a message on top of the screen telling me that amr will not load.

Now when comes to programs and all that other stuff its like looking at Chinese writing. I don't know what it means.

I thought it would be pretty cool if we could load sound files onto the site. With the sound files I thought it would be a good education tool to learn what some sounds that other people describe that they use. For example, Charlie's boink. I have heard about this call for 4 years and still don't know what it is. :lol:
It could also be used if a person doesn't know how to make certain calls on their slate, box, or whatever other call they are using. Also, if a call maker puts a call on here he/she can load a file on how it sounds.

I know another option is to down loaded your sound as a video onto youtube and then put it on here, but for me a 2 minute video can take an hour or more to upload. Maybe thats due to my internet I don't know. I think it could be easier and faster to load a sound file instead.

What do you guys think about this? Is this even possible to do?
Is it turkey season yet?

WillowRidgeCalls

Re: Computer nerd needed

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » January 29th, 2014, 5:57 pm

If you have a good mic on or for your puter, then try that VOCAROO recorder, that's what I used to use for my sound files. It's easy to use and worked pretty good.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » February 2nd, 2014, 10:47 pm

I tried that Vocaroo and was able to record the sounds I wanted. I then downloaded the sound on my phone and tried to upload it on here but wasn't able to find it. It just seems to me that there should be an easier and faster way than downloading on YouTube. This has become a thorn in my side.
Is it turkey season yet?

Dixie Belle

Postby Dixie Belle » February 3rd, 2014, 10:43 am

I'm in the same boat with you Bryan. I'm in the stone age when it comes to computers. I still have to go back and use my wife's computer to upload pics 'cause I haven't figured out how to do it on this dog-gone new Windows 8 'pooter my kids got me. Maybe a PM to Stephanie might help on the sound file thing ???
Dixie Belle Handcrafted Turkey Calls
NWTF award winning calls
Home of the "REBEL YELPER"
Remember "The shade comes free with the tree"

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » February 3rd, 2014, 11:28 pm

Is it turkey season yet?

ylpnfol

Postby ylpnfol » February 4th, 2014, 9:17 am

Came thru loud and clear..... Yelping sounded real good, kinda squeaky on some of the cutting, kee Kees ok too... IMO
Sent u an unrelated pm
David

You never know, unless you go

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » February 4th, 2014, 1:30 pm

It wasn't my best what so ever. Im trying to get it down to where I can hit the sweet spots without looking down at the call. You know when you're in the woods you're not going to be looking at the call when you see that big gobbler come out and you're trying to get him to come to you. :D
Is it turkey season yet?

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » February 4th, 2014, 1:50 pm

Sounded good Bryan, for in the woods those squeaks are a gold mine, on stage it would cost you, but in the woods you'd be rewarded by a bird comin to see who's making those squeaks. For a hunting call I want a squeak of two, as long as it's not on every cutt, but just a couple every now and then, it's pure gold!!
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » February 4th, 2014, 3:11 pm

Thats one reason why you will never see me on the stage. Im not the best caller in the world but I don't even think a live turkey could win any of them competitions either. :lol:

Scott there is something I have been meaning to ask you about the tongue teasers. When you sand them to go side to side or up and down? I thought I would post it on here just in case someone else might be interested also?
Is it turkey season yet?

ylpnfol

Postby ylpnfol » February 4th, 2014, 3:56 pm

kygobbler wrote:
Scott there is something I have been meaning to ask you about the tongue teasers. When you sand them to go side to side or up and down? I thought I would post it on here just in case someone else might be interested also?

Uh huh :?
David

You never know, unless you go

Next

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion