oh SPIT!!!

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
homunculi

oh SPIT!!!

Postby homunculi » January 29th, 2014, 10:52 pm

the property sold.. i need to have my blinds and stands out by feb 1st ... .... really gonna miss this property ... took really nice turkey and deer off this property ....

guess it is time to find a new private prop to hunt .. but after hunting a good prop for 15 years ... well damn i feel like i am losing a old friend :(

WillowRidgeCalls

Re: oh SPIT!!!

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » January 30th, 2014, 9:39 pm

I know what your saying about that, had the same thing happen about 14 years back. The guy sold his farm that I hunted for almost 20 years to his cousin. His cousin was an idiot, you could never depend on your stand being in the same tree where you put it up the next time you when hunting.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » January 30th, 2014, 10:57 pm

Man, sorry to hear that. You spend so much time learning the land and trying to figure things out. Then, once you find a good area to hunt, it usually takes a little fine tuning to get your set up right. Once you get used to hunting an area, you learn to expect which direction or what time the deer & turkeys pass through. It gets to be like shaking hands with an old friend. To have it go away like flipping a switch hurts.

I lost access to a lease I hunted for 16 years. There were places I used to hunt that probably haven't been hunted since the last time I was there. I knew that land so well that I didn't need a light in the dark to get to my favorite places to hunt.

I hope you find a great new place to hunt that makes you forget about the one you just lost.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

homunculi

Postby homunculi » January 31st, 2014, 8:37 pm

took the blinds and stands down after work today ... seen turkey on the back 40 ... and on the way out seen some deer as i was driving out .. ... and they were well within range of my stand ... well goodbye to an old (friend/property) i enjoyed it for many years and i enjoyed every suculante tastey morsel of meat i have ever taken...

thnks willow .. cutnrun ... this is a hard one to lose .. i just hope i can find another good one

dewey

Postby dewey » January 31st, 2014, 11:57 pm

That sucks!!! I assume the new owner was not interested in letting you hunt their new land? Well the only good thing is they gave you some time to get your blinds and stands out.

Good luck with the new hunting property search.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion