2014 trips anybody else planning yet?

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
turkey junky

2014 trips anybody else planning yet?

Postby turkey junky » January 14th, 2014, 7:08 pm

well after a knee injury ended my upland season B4 i wanted it to im stuck here in cold snowy minnesota planning my 2014 turkey season anybody else got the itch like i do??? if so whats your plans for the season what states you going to ETC.

i missed my chance at a FL lottery tag by like 1 day so im mad as heck over that!!! if all goes well i think im doing FL in march to try & rap up my public land grand slam & i will also try to so a 14 day OK,KS,NE,SD trip also this april after that comes MO i think also in april in the month of may i think ill hunt WY,MT,NE & MN im trying a few new states & also going back to some states that shut me out in years past FL,MT

so i think 8 states 4 sub species got a bizzy spring planned so far hope it all falls into place!!! what everybody else got going on this spring???

dewey

Re: 2014 trips anybody else planning yet?

Postby dewey » January 15th, 2014, 8:35 am

turkey junky wrote:well after a knee injury ended my upland season B4 i wanted it to im stuck here in cold snowy minnesota planning my 2014 turkey season anybody else got the itch like i do??? if so whats your plans for the season what states you going to ETC.

i missed my chance at a FL lottery tag by like 1 day so im mad as heck over that!!! if all goes well i think im doing FL in march to try & rap up my public land grand slam & i will also try to so a 14 day OK,KS,NE,SD trip also this april after that comes MO i think also in april in the month of may i think ill hunt WY,MT,NE & MN im trying a few new states & also going back to some states that shut me out in years past FL,MT

so i think 8 states 4 sub species got a bizzy spring planned so far hope it all falls into place!!! what everybody else got going on this spring???

What took you so long to start the planning for 2014, LOL!!!

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19116

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

misoiltester

Postby misoiltester » January 15th, 2014, 12:11 pm

In 2015, I'm headed back to Florida for another Osceola, then to Michigan for an Eastern, with our SC season mixed between ;)
Havn't decided yet, if I want to head back, for a couple of Goulds in Mexico some whre in the mix of days?? :lol:
Ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts????

turkey junky

Postby turkey junky » January 15th, 2014, 4:17 pm

dewey wrote:
turkey junky wrote:

What took you so long to start the planning for 2014, LOL!!!

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19116

Dewey

oh i have been planing my 2014 season since my last turkey hunt in late MAY 2013 i had about a 6-7 hour ride home to think wear i want to go in 2014 lol

i have a 19 month old small munsterlander versatile hunting breed & from OCT.13th or so till DEC. 27th or so i was out pheasant hunting with my dog had to put her on wild pheasants so went to SD & spent time in western MN she did better then expected & is now a true hunting dog in my book she holds point/birds she marks downed birds & retrieves to my hand all i could ask for in my dog!!! at 42 pounds she also a beast in the cattails dont know how but she gets it done!!!

having a hunting dog means no fall turkey hunting for me at least... i have no desire to chase turkeys with a dog or hunt them in the fall so that time of year is upland game bird hunting time for me... i also went pheasant hunting in SD during MN rifle deer hunting season people dont care for dogs at deer camp so i went pheasant hunting instead... spring time means TURKEY HUNTING to me i live for the spring i hunt the fall also mostly for my dog...

J Hook Max

Postby J Hook Max » January 16th, 2014, 3:26 pm

The season will start here in South Alabama March 15. I will actually be taking my Granddaughter on the youth hunt March 9.
I will be in Tennessee guiding from March 29 - April 13. Then I will return to hunt in Alabama (and work as little as possible).
The last week of April , I am heading to Kentucky and then to Missouri.
After all that , it will be back to work as I will pretty much be broke. But hey , I would rather die broke than have missed out on too many spring mornings in the woods.

eddie234

Postby eddie234 » January 17th, 2014, 11:24 am

Work sucks!! I'll just be hunting my home state of WV.
Twitter: @edvogler

arrowsonly

Postby arrowsonly » January 25th, 2014, 7:07 pm

KS & NE after a few words from others, thanks TJ I am going to follow your advice ! KS/NE border lot's of public land the farther west you go, flat, wide open, trees, water...
April 11th - 22nd plus a few days on each end for good measure; thanks to my wife Emily and I hope to be physically able, surgeries on hold for now!
Any suggestions ?

Hey we need to get together over here in WI some time; we have tons of birds & places to go, to bad hunting etiquette has gone out with the trash...
look em' in the eye before you give em' the shaft...
be a man hunt public land...

spurs202

Postby spurs202 » January 26th, 2014, 6:46 pm

I'm sticking to the home state - Wi. Planning two weeks this year...
My quest will be taking a decent bird with a crossbow followed by a muzzy if I get another tag.
So many good opportunities and places not hunted yet right here.
I missed fall hunting in 2013 and don't plan on missing that in 2014.
Modest plans for 2014.
2015 I want to plan a Merriams ...so I have time to try and line that up. I'll be searching for advice on that quest.

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion