Cold

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
ylpnfol

Re: Cold

Postby ylpnfol » January 6th, 2014, 5:09 pm

charlie elk wrote:
Something I'm having trouble understanding- Back in December we had lots of below zero days. On the 30th it was 25 below when got out of my truck to kill the first turkey of the day (see my post in the state section - Wisconsin). There were no stories of horrible deadly cold then- No Governor closed schools statewide. Why? Why now? :?

Because the PV has invaded New York and D.C. 8-)
Stay warm and enjoy your stew.....
David

You never know, unless you go

retranger

Postby retranger » January 6th, 2014, 6:15 pm

I think you fellows have a below zero club starting :roll: :roll: Me,,,,I will stay where I am for a bit,,going to be cool tonight (30 and not below :!: ) but we will be back by the pool on Thursday. Spent many years in the sub zero, don't like it any more. You boys have fun ;) ;)
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

gouldshunter

Postby gouldshunter » January 6th, 2014, 7:51 pm

dewey wrote:The air temperature right now in Minneapolis is -17, air temperature, with wind chills in the -40 to -50 range. Our expected high temperature for Monday is -15. We are not expected to be above 0 until Wednesday around noon.

All schools were ordered closed on Monday via the governor.

Dewey

that is exactly why I moved from Minnesota to Arizona I still get the snow (average 100 inches a year) and the cold not nearly as cold as Minnesota and all I have to do is drive two hours to get into 60-70 degree temps from Minnesota I couldn't fly two hours and be out of it. :D

Bill

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » January 6th, 2014, 9:13 pm

[quote="charlie elk"][quote="WillowRidgeCalls"]
Something I'm having trouble understanding- Back in December we had lots of below zero days. On the 30th it was 25 below when got out of my truck to kill the first turkey of the day (see my post in the state section - Wisconsin). There were no stories of horrible deadly cold then- No Governor closed schools statewide. Why? Why now? :?

Took the Politicians this long before they finally went out back to the Outhouse :P .
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » January 7th, 2014, 1:55 pm

Doggone cold, but North Shore race goes on
http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/event/ ... id/288050/

Glad to see MN still has and attracts the "Old Throw Backs". Man I miss my huskies.
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

Previous

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion