Cold

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
allaboutshooting

Cold

Postby allaboutshooting » January 5th, 2014, 11:25 pm

It's 4 degrees currently with a wind chill of -12, very high winds and supposed to get down to -3 tonight. Lots of cars off the roads according to the news just a few minutes ago. High tomorrow is supposed to be 0. Wind chills in the next few days -25 to -30.

Stay warm.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

dewey

Re: Cold

Postby dewey » January 5th, 2014, 11:29 pm

The air temperature right now in Minneapolis is -17, air temperature, with wind chills in the -40 to -50 range. Our expected high temperature for Monday is -15. We are not expected to be above 0 until Wednesday around noon.

All schools were ordered closed on Monday via the governor.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » January 5th, 2014, 11:33 pm

Clark we have the same temps here also as you. I was told its the coldest its ever gotten in 40 years. Depending on how it looks tomorrow morning it might be a sick day at work.

If you have to do any traveling be safe.

retranger

Postby retranger » January 6th, 2014, 8:14 am

Cold :?: :?: Guess it depends where you are. Going to be a nice day at the pool here :lol: :lol:
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

ylpnfol

Postby ylpnfol » January 6th, 2014, 9:14 am

Well the " polar vortex " ( the catch phrase of the day ) will be here this eve, fortunately it will be short lived here, only a couple of days, I feel for you northern folks, I don' t know how y'all do it, I woulda been gone many moons ago..... Which brings me to retranger, that ain't right :D
David

Unofficial mascot for Team 2
Springtime Assassins

Dixie Belle

Postby Dixie Belle » January 6th, 2014, 9:18 am

Retranger, hope you're farther south than me, it's supposed to get in the upper teens or low twenties here in southern Duval county tonight. Gonna have to put the heater on the pump and wrap some outside faucets.
Enjoy that south FL sunshine.

Florida Update:

Whooooah!!! Just checked satellite weather and it's supposed to get down to 8 degrees around two o'clock in the morning. Glad I just got finished wrapping pipes and putting heater lights on all the pump lines.
Dixie Belle Handcrafted Turkey Calls
NWTF award winning calls
Home of the "REBEL YELPER"
Remember "The shade comes free with the tree"

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » January 6th, 2014, 11:24 am

retranger wrote:Cold :?: :?: Guess it depends where you are. Going to be a nice day at the pool here :lol: :lol:

I don't blame you one bit at all. If I could I would be sitting by pool and having an adult beverage also.

Retranger, you kinda remind me of my grandfather. If the temp got below 55 for the high, he would be in Florida the next day and wouldn't come back until spring. :lol: :lol:

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » January 6th, 2014, 12:47 pm

Pretty nice here today, -10 right now, but it's light winds and bright n sunny outside. Goin chasing some bunnies this afternoon :D .
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

retranger

Postby retranger » January 6th, 2014, 3:39 pm

Dixie bell we are in Winter Haven. Everybody is starting to get ready this afternoon,,,,forcasting around 30 here tonight but I know it won't last long.
kygobbler wrote:Retranger, you kinda remind me of my grandfather. If the temp got below 55 for the high, he would be in Florida the next day and wouldn't come back until spring. :lol: :lol:

Don't plan on going back north till the snow is gone ;)
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » January 6th, 2014, 4:27 pm

WillowRidgeCalls wrote:Pretty nice here today, -10 right now, but it's light winds and bright n sunny outside. Goin chasing some bunnies this afternoon :D .

We did that this morning, no wind and only -21. Then it warmed up this afternoon to -19 and we went out again but both times the rabbits were smarter as they stayed hunkered in their warm dens. On Sunday it was -5 and we found a dumb bunny out and about, he is going into the stew pot for supper tonight.

Something I'm having trouble understanding- Back in December we had lots of below zero days. On the 30th it was 25 below when got out of my truck to kill the first turkey of the day (see my post in the state section - Wisconsin). There were no stories of horrible deadly cold then- No Governor closed schools statewide. Why? Why now? :?
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

Next

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion