Patterning your gun

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
allaboutshooting

Patterning your gun

Postby allaboutshooting » December 27th, 2013, 6:57 pm

The latest "Save the Habitat. Save the Hunt." television show on the Prusuit Channel, the week of December 30th, features video of the 2013 World Championship Still Target Shoot and interviews with Steve Conover, Brian Sloan, Bobby Sears and Clark Bush.

That episode will air on Tuesday at 6:00 p.m., Wednesday at 9:30 p.m., Thursday at 5:30 p.m. and Sunday at 10:30 p.m.

If you have an interest in patterning, just want to see a bit of what goes on at a still target shoot or hear some of the history of the sport, you might find it interesting.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

ads1

Re: Patterning your gun

Postby ads1 » December 27th, 2013, 8:08 pm

This sounds like a must see show. I am looking forward to seeing it.

Thanks

Terry

misoiltester

Postby misoiltester » December 28th, 2013, 7:59 am

I'll have to find it on the internet for viewing!! ;)
Ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts????

misoiltester

Postby misoiltester » December 28th, 2013, 9:26 am

misoiltester wrote:I'll have to find it on the internet for viewing!! ;)

Whooppee ..Got signed up as a member on the Pursuit Channel Website, and should be good to view!! ;) :D
Ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts????

dewey

Postby dewey » December 29th, 2013, 11:18 pm

Thanks for the information Clark and I have it set to record.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » December 30th, 2013, 9:57 pm

dewey wrote:Thanks for the information Clark and I have it set to record.

Dewey

^x2

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » January 5th, 2014, 12:07 pm

Hey Clark, I just rewatched the show and thought it was pretty good. I'm sure they couldn't show it due to time restrain but I was curious how each round compared to each other.

The funniest part of the show is at when 4:44 is left of the show. They had a close up shot of a guy shooting and the scope comes back and hits him in the eye. :oops: :lol: I had to rewind and play in slow motion a couple of times and watch. Feel sorry for the poor boy because you know his buddy's picked on him.

Speaking of scopes, I noticed every gun had one on it. If a guy doesn't use a scope is he in a different class?

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » January 5th, 2014, 7:02 pm

kygobbler wrote:Hey Clark, I just rewatched the show and thought it was pretty good. I'm sure they couldn't show it due to time restrain but I was curious how each round compared to each other.

The funniest part of the show is at when 4:44 is left of the show. They had a close up shot of a guy shooting and the scope comes back and hits him in the eye. :oops: :lol: I had to rewind and play in slow motion a couple of times and watch. Feel sorry for the poor boy because you know his buddy's picked on him.

Speaking of scopes, I noticed every gun had one on it. If a guy doesn't use a scope is he in a different class?

I'm glad you enjoyed the show. I was actually interviewed for 20 minutes but by the time they edited it, it was just a few minutes all together.

I shot one gun that had open sights on it and one that had a scope. I won the World Championship a few years ago with an open sighted gun but as far as I know, I'm the only person that's ever done that. Most shooters use scopes because, as you know, a 3" circle is a pretty small taget at 40 yards.

There were not any dramatically high scores at the shoot this year. The competition was very close and squads were often won by 1 pellet. Those shooters coming in with lots of "seats" from state and regional competitions really had a huge advantage. That showed up in the semi-finals.

That was Brian Sloan who kept getting hit in the face with his ML shotgun. I don't remember seeing any damage to him and did not notice it at the shoot but he must have been "walloped pretty good", from what I saw. He's a very tough guy and unless he was cut and bleeding and I've seen him that way in the past, you'd never know about it or hear a complaint from him.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » January 5th, 2014, 9:47 pm

Clark, what is the average number of pellets in the 3" circle? Also, if I remember correctly doesn't everyone use the same ammo? If so, what is it? I'm guessing hevi shot since they are a sponsor.

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion