Advantage Timber Camo Comfort Tech Beenilli Stock??

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
Treerooster

Re: Advantage Timber Camo Comfort Tech Beenilli Stock??

Postby Treerooster » December 16th, 2013, 11:21 am

I have had my Benelli SBE for a long time now. Back quite a few years ago Benilli's customer service was awful. More recently, like last year, it was very good. They may have finally changed for the better, at least they did for that one time I experienced. A totally different attitude.
As far as this turkey thing......I know enough...to know enough...that I don't know enough

ads1

Postby ads1 » December 16th, 2013, 4:57 pm

I have had good technical support from Benelli.

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » December 16th, 2013, 8:16 pm

The forearm has started wiggling around. Benelli said they would send a new one in September, I'm still waiting and have followed up 3 times. Also the front bead came loose, when I tighten it, it sits perpendicular. A new bead and shim was supposed to be sent in Oct. and it's not here yet. Followed on this and customer service said I have to send the gun to their smith with a 6-7 months. In the meantime I bought a High Viz sight kit that works OK but apparently Benelli thinks that is an alteration and voids my warranty. Really?!
I had similar problems with Remington, bought a Versa Max had to return 3 of those to Scheels for very loose forearms. Remington customer service was of little help they expected me to send the gun to their smith and the same 6-7 months work time?!
3 strikes and you're out, I replaced the 3rd Versamax with the Benelli M2.
The Benelli has some irritating design flaws; the sling post on the forearm knurl is inset causing the sling bracket to constantly rub on it. Also the space between the knurl and barrel is just right to hang up and collect pieces of brush, grass, corn stalk etc. I'm constantly pulling stuff out in order to shoot when necessary.
I am disillusioned, guess I figured when I spend that much money on a gun someone at least field tested it and forearms and stock should fit snuggly.
Now what gun do I consider next?
Scheels is stepping in to exchange again. They've told me all of the gun makers are owned by investor groups who are just interested in making sales off the reputations of the good old companies with customer service as an after thought. Apparently there a lot of new shotguns coming back in.
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » December 16th, 2013, 10:32 pm

Charlie, if you do get another gun look at the Winchester Super X3. I have had mine 4-5 years now and love it. It hasn't given me a bit of trouble. I will shoot anywhere from light 2.75" to 3.5" shells. I will admit that I have been rough with this gun, due to crawling to birds, and it has some scratches on it but it still goes boom when its time.

Previous

Return to Shooting