A Great Experience

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
ticklishtompro

A Great Experience

Postby ticklishtompro » October 31st, 2013, 10:28 pm

Hey all, I haven't posted anything for a while, but I do check in quite often. Haven't done much fall turkey hunting lately, but have had a little fun with some while sitting in the bow stand. I will make an effort to fill the tag in my pocket though! I took on a big challenge this bow season and I am filming for a new hunting show, hopefully to air next fall so hopefully we can get it done on camera. More about that some other time.

I have also been very busy with some Mossy Oak events. This past weekend was a great one that I will not soon forget. I joined up with Take'em Outdoors. They take kids fighting cancer and other illnesses out hunting and fishing. They also take out wounded vets which I get the pleasure to go film one of those hunts in December. This past weekend was their kids pheasant hunt. It was a great pleasure to mentor one of these kids and just spend time with all of them talking and getting to know them. I will definitely do this again. To see these kids smiles even though some of the things they are going through is just indescribable. I encourage any of you to get involved with something like this if you can. These kids really humble you, you take so many things for granted and complain about so many things, but we got it made compared to them. They taught me some things and I am glad I could help them have a day where there problems were forgotten for a little while.

Randy
Attachments
1381590_10201286100538007_652669259_n.jpg
1381590_10201286100538007_652669259_n.jpg (175.06 KiB) Viewed 242 times
Ticklish Tom Custom Calls Prostaff
ttcutomcalls.webs.com
Mossy Oak Prostaff
Hips Archery Targets Prostaff
Dixieland Outdoors Prostaff

Dixie Belle

Re: A Great Experience

Postby Dixie Belle » October 31st, 2013, 11:30 pm

Fantastic !!! :D :D :D
Dixie Belle Handcrafted Turkey Calls
NWTF award winning calls
Home of the "REBEL YELPER"
Remember "The shade comes free with the tree"

WillowRidgeCalls

Re: A Great Experience

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » October 31st, 2013, 11:41 pm

Congrats Randy, those events are awsome :D .
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion