Scoot's Albino

Post photos from your trail cams.
WillowRidgeCalls

Scoot's Albino

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » October 25th, 2013, 12:33 pm

Scoot's got a new member of the deer family that's showed up last week on his hunting area. He is a cool looking young buck that is a true albino. Scoot hunts the CWD area and it is a shootable deer in that area, scoot had him at 10 yards eating Sunday night and he just sat and watched him eat trying to figure out wheather or not to take him? I would have and got a full mount done of him, but that's just me :oops: . Most areas in the state you can't shoot an albino, but in the CWD units you can, and being a buck on top of it would have made a great mount in anybodies man room.
Attachments
Scoot's albino2.jpg
Scoot's albino2.jpg (1.42 MiB) Viewed 992 times
Scoot's albino.jpg
Scoot's albino.jpg (1.66 MiB) Viewed 992 times
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

dewey

Re: Scoot's Albino

Postby dewey » October 25th, 2013, 9:49 pm

Pretty sweet to have a deer like that in your area. I am with you WRC in that I would have harvested that albino and got him mounted. A albino would be quite the trophy for the man room like you said WRC.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » October 26th, 2013, 10:52 am

Actually his wife chewed him out for not shooting it LoL, she wants the full mount and like she says it would be better that shooting a doe for the freezer. Can't argue with that. :)
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Dixie Belle

Postby Dixie Belle » October 27th, 2013, 7:55 pm

That is one cool critter. Hope Scoot gets his chance to get a rematch and get the mount.
Ted
Dixie Belle Handcrafted Turkey Calls
NWTF award winning calls
Home of the "REBEL YELPER"
Remember "The shade comes free with the tree"

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » October 29th, 2013, 8:31 pm

Talked with Scoot today, he said he was contacted by the DNR about these pics. It turns out that this is the FIRST EVER true albino to be reported in Grant Co. and Scoot's got the pics to prove it. They asked all about it for their info and if he had any pics of it :lol: , Scoot said yeah I got about 40 pics of it, it's a star deer, runs infront of every camera he's got :lol: .
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Steve_In

Postby Steve_In » November 2nd, 2013, 6:10 pm

I have seen several piebald deer but never in range. I finished off a buck my buddy shot that was solid white from the front hoofs to the throat patch. Are those ticks or burrs on him? In the second photo they look more like burrs.
Steve, I love "smoked" turkey

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » December 5th, 2013, 10:10 am

Steve_In wrote:I have seen several piebald deer but never in range. I finished off a buck my buddy shot that was solid white from the front hoofs to the throat patch. Are those ticks or burrs on him? In the second photo they look more like burrs.

Those are burrs, the pic of him scoot got the next day most were gone, but his other side was covered.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Return to Trail Cam Photos