A few of my Tong N' Cheek Callrers

Do you create your own turkey calls? This is the place for you. Share techniques, offer tips and post photos of your creations.
pappy

A few of my Tong N' Cheek Callrers

Postby pappy » October 18th, 2013, 10:19 am

Here are a couple the top one is made from Black Walnut for the striking surface and Cocobolo with redheart ends, it played really well. The striker is cedar with a walnut barrel top and hollowed out to hold the chalk. The bottom one is Walnut over Walnut, I book-matched a couple pieces of figured walnut for the back, kind of looked like an old gobbler stretching his neck out to hear that lil' hen better! These lil' calls are really a blast to build and play, touchy ... but when you get used to holding them like a lady and caressing that striker across the sweet spot you get pure bird out of them, God Bless Mr. George Huffman for his unique craftsmanship and for giving us call makers an opportunity to explore his world of call making. pappy

kygobbler

Re: A few of my Tong N' Cheek Callrers

Postby kygobbler » October 21st, 2013, 9:52 am

Nice looking calls.

Dixie Belle

Re: A few of my Tong N' Cheek Callrers

Postby Dixie Belle » October 21st, 2013, 11:50 am

Those are great looking calls Pappy. I love the Honey Dipper strikers and the chalk hole is sweet. Thank you for sharing a look at your skill.
Ted
Dixie Belle Handcrafted Turkey Calls
NWTF award winning calls
Home of the "REBEL YELPER"
Remember "The shade comes free with the tree"

Return to Call Makers