Fed Land Closures

Discuss turkey hunting's "second season" here
charlie elk

Fed Land Closures

Postby charlie elk » October 3rd, 2013, 10:46 am

The Feds ordered WI to close parks, hunting, and fishing areas because of the government shutdown. :evil:
Our Governor has refused the order, see my post in the WI state section of this site for more info.

Is this happening in any other state?

I try real hard to ignore politics especially during the hunting season but when you drive into a remote parking area at 5:30 am and are greeted by a Federal Agent who tells you the area is closed...
Well let's just say that becomes real hard to ignore.
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

kygobbler

Re: Fed Land Closures

Postby kygobbler » October 3rd, 2013, 12:04 pm

Charlie, I just looked it up and all the land down here is closed also. Unfortunately we a governor that is a yes man, unless its gambling then he will bend over backwards to get it allowed in the state.

Lets look at it one way, atleast there is no game warden out there looking you. :lol: Or did it get passed that they get paid also?
Is it turkey season yet?

Dixie Belle

Postby Dixie Belle » October 3rd, 2013, 3:03 pm

Yep, Charlie, down here in FL the fish and game folks sent out emails to all of us on their contact list that any hunting or fishing area that was gated by the Feds would be locked down until further notice. But, the neat thing is that some of the big National Forest tracts have roads through them that can't be closed because they are the only access people with homesteads within the areas have to their homes, so there are no gates on those roads ;), and the four wheeler tracks and access roads off of those are wide open. :D :D :D :lol: :lol: Strange ain't it !!!
All state WMA's are open and access is as normal.
Dixie Belle Handcrafted Turkey Calls
NWTF award winning calls
Home of the "REBEL YELPER"
Remember "The shade comes free with the tree"

retranger

Postby retranger » October 3rd, 2013, 8:32 pm

I think the birds need a bye season and we hunt politicians.
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

Steve_In

Postby Steve_In » October 4th, 2013, 1:06 pm

In Indiana the only ones affected are those that got drawn for hunts on the military and national wildlife areas. Most of these hunts are scheduled for later so no one has really been hurt yet.
Steve, I love "smoked" turkey

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » October 4th, 2013, 1:55 pm

You need to do what I did charlie, and send Gov. Scott Walker an invite to join you on a fall turkey hunt along the Mississippi area where your hunting. I know he's a duck and deer hunter and a want to learn turkey hunter. I'd love to see the look on a wardens face if he tried ticketing you and your partner :lol: .
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

dewey

Postby dewey » October 10th, 2013, 9:45 pm

WillowRidgeCalls wrote:You need to do what I did charlie, and send Gov. Scott Walker an invite to join you on a fall turkey hunt along the Mississippi area where your hunting. I know he's a duck and deer hunter and a want to learn turkey hunter. I'd love to see the look on a wardens face if he tried ticketing you and your partner :lol: .

Boy would that be awesome!

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

Return to Fall Hunting