Shocking Fall Permits 55,711

putt

Re: Shocking Fall Permits 55,711

Postby putt » August 24th, 2013, 8:17 am

Yup, Charlie, my mistake on quoting wrong preliminary permit numbers. I just reread your original post & it clearly said that the WDNR numbers at that date were wrong.

Charlie Elk wrote:What else would you like me to do?

Looks like you're already doing all you can. Keep it up.

Charlie Elk wrote:You got it, you met Vic at the Turkey Expo and if you would like to meet up for some turkey dogging he says he is game on for it. Send me an email.

An offer to see Vic hunt is one I can't refuse. I'll send you an email & see what we can arrange.

Charlie Elk wrote:Speaking of Turkey Expo maybe Vic did too good of job convincing hunters to try the fall hunt. Whew, sure glad we did that on your side of the state. ;)

Well that explains the huge uptick in permit applications in this zone. I should have realized that after Vic's talk here the fall woods would be full of new turkey-doggers. :)

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » August 24th, 2013, 10:10 am

After reading all of this, it kinda reminds me of Christmas. Seeing who recieved candy in their stockings and who recieved coal in their's. :lol: It's also making me more anxious for the season to begin. It feels like October 26th is never going to get here.

Treerooster

Postby Treerooster » August 24th, 2013, 10:26 am

I got candy. :D

Just bought my Wis fall turkey tag and 1 leftover tag, archery deer tag and 1 antlerless bonus tag, small game permit, Wis state duck stamp, exterior goose permit, and registered my hip. :D

That oughta keep me busy for a while...eh? :)

I'll make sure the wife doesn't see the credit card bill. :roll: ;)
As far as this turkey thing......I know enough...to know enough...that I don't know enough

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » August 25th, 2013, 9:55 am

Treerooster wrote:Just bought my Wis fall turkey tag and 1 leftover tag, archery deer tag and 1 antlerless bonus tag, small game permit, Wis state duck stamp, exterior goose permit, and registered my hip.
That oughta keep me busy for a while...eh?

WI thanks you for your support. The game divisions of WDNR are completely dependent on license, permit and PR funds.

Speaking of candy, so far, 3 turkey permits, small game, pheasant stamp, archery deer...

kygobbler wrote:After reading all of this, it kinda reminds me of Christmas. Seeing who recieved candy in their stockings and who recieved coal in their's.

You too are welcome to participate in the WI candy. There are still thousands of unsold tags leftover. :D
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » August 25th, 2013, 12:10 pm

charlie elk wrote:You too are welcome to participate in the WI candy. There are still thousands of unsold tags leftover.

It's in my bucket list to hunt up there one of these days. :D I already have my vacation set for our 2 weeks of shotgun season and another 2 weeks for coyote hunting.

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » September 9th, 2013, 1:23 pm

Let me know when KY.

The other shock, after all the extra applicants is the slow pace of OTC sales. I really expected brisker sales. What the heck?
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

Gopherlongbeards

Postby Gopherlongbeards » September 9th, 2013, 7:56 pm

charlie elk wrote:
The other shock, after all the extra applicants is the slow pace of OTC sales. I really expected brisker sales. What the heck?

Almost makes me think there was some mix up with the lottery applications.

Previous

Return to Wisconsin