need camera with wide viewing angle

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
kygobbler

Re: need camera with wide viewing angle

Postby kygobbler » August 21st, 2013, 7:37 pm

Steve, I was guessing the same thing on the critter. I'm starting to think its more like a dog since they said "their pest in control".

Please cara, tell us what the small animal is. :D
Is it turkey season yet?

cara

Postby cara » August 22nd, 2013, 2:35 am

kygobbler wrote:Steve, I was guessing the same thing on the critter. I'm starting to think its more like a dog since they said "their pest in control".

Please cara, tell us what the small animal is. :D

HI Guys, most of you are right, most of them are dogs and some are rabits. So can you recommand functional cameras to record and prove that their pest are disturbing kids?

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » August 22nd, 2013, 10:40 am

cara wrote:HI Guys, most of you are right, most of them are dogs and some are rabits.

As far as the dogs go, if the dog is friendly and you can get your hands on him catch him and call the dog catcher to come and get him. I had a problem with a neighbor's dogs a few times and ended up putting a small video camera in a car that hooked up to the cigeratte lighter. I want to say it only cost about 30 bucks and I got it at Wally World. I cant remember the name of it but I will check this evening when I get home. The camera is only 1.5" in diameter, 2" long, and with the stand maybe 3" tall. Its a cheaper route than buying a game trail camera that can get very expensive. Plus, we had it run all day a couple of times and it didn't run down the car battery.
Is it turkey season yet?

cara

Postby cara » August 22nd, 2013, 11:02 pm

kygobbler wrote:
cara wrote:HI Guys, most of you are right, most of them are dogs and some are rabits.

As far as the dogs go, if the dog is friendly and you can get your hands on him catch him and call the dog catcher to come and get him. I had a problem with a neighbor's dogs a few times and ended up putting a small video camera in a car that hooked up to the cigeratte lighter. I want to say it only cost about 30 bucks and I got it at Wally World. I cant remember the name of it but I will check this evening when I get home. The camera is only 1.5" in diameter, 2" long, and with the stand maybe 3" tall. Its a cheaper route than buying a game trail camera that can get very expensive. Plus, we had it run all day a couple of times and it didn't run down the car battery.

Hi,thanks for your sharing, however, are you sure that video camera in a car can record what is happening in my yard or garden? i think game camera is a better choice, hunting season is coming, i can set it in forest as well. do you think it is good idea?

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » August 24th, 2013, 10:02 am

If your wanting something to use in the woods also then yes go with a game trail camera. I was just suggesting a cheaper option. As far as game trail cameras goes, I have never used one but have seen plenty of pics from guys who do. All of them work great and really boils down to quailty of pic that you want and how much you want to spend. Personally I wouldn't worry too much about the angle because Im assuming you know where the animals are coming from. If there is not a spot available to put the camera you can always put a stake in the ground and connect the camera to it. Then take the stake up after you have your proof or if they are coming from somewhere else.
Is it turkey season yet?

Steve_In

Postby Steve_In » August 25th, 2013, 2:20 pm

If it is a neighbors dog that is running loose I would not be using any kind of gun on it unless it was aggressive. Talk to them before you take any actions. If it is aggressive and the neighbors did not do anything then I would use the rule of SSS, shoot, shovel shut-up. I wish my daughter had MORE fear of dogs as she thinks they are all as easy going as her Shitzu. I realize even a friendly dog can terrorize kids just as if a strange Rottweiler ran up to you and licked you in the face you would be scared. You probably already have the means to record video either with a cell phone or a digital camera. Just have it handy and be out with your kids in when they play in the yard to record their actions. A trail cam probably will not have the coverage you need.
Steve, I love "smoked" turkey

cara

Postby cara » August 27th, 2013, 4:00 am

Steve_In wrote:If it is a neighbors dog that is running loose I would not be using any kind of gun on it unless it was aggressive. Talk to them before you take any actions. If it is aggressive and the neighbors did not do anything then I would use the rule of SSS, shoot, shovel shut-up. I wish my daughter had MORE fear of dogs as she thinks they are all as easy going as her Shitzu. I realize even a friendly dog can terrorize kids just as if a strange Rottweiler ran up to you and licked you in the face you would be scared. You probably already have the means to record video either with a cell phone or a digital camera. Just have it handy and be out with your kids in when they play in the yard to record their actions. A trail cam probably will not have the coverage you need.

Hi, you words are worth considering. thanks, but i now the annoying dogs are not problems. i am looking for a good camera for hunting, nice picture, and power-saving. Do you guys have some recommand?

retranger

Postby retranger » August 27th, 2013, 7:11 am

This thread doesn't sound right to me :? :? :? :?
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

dewey

Postby dewey » August 27th, 2013, 1:04 pm

100% agree.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

Ekstrom

Postby Ekstrom » August 29th, 2013, 11:03 pm

Wide-angle trailcams are used for outdoor areas, such as wide range public land, which will have much more comparative advantages. This kind of cams are generally used for animal observing..., and seldom has warning function, so I don't think they can protect your kids.

PreviousNext

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion