need camera with wide viewing angle

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
cara

need camera with wide viewing angle

Postby cara » August 19th, 2013, 2:38 am

HI guys, i need some new cameras set in my garden. there are small animal disturbing my little kids. i need the camera can cover more viewing angle, so i can know more when pictures are taken. could any one can offer some suggestion?

Ekstrom

Re: need camera with wide viewing angle

Postby Ekstrom » August 19th, 2013, 3:41 am

Moultrie,Primos and Bestok cams may will meet your need as they are wide angle lens.

Icy

Postby Icy » August 19th, 2013, 10:35 pm

I was also looking for wide angle camera before,and I found this,sharing with you:
Attachments
Angle comparison.jpg
Angle comparison.jpg (44.35 KiB) Viewed 471 times

cindygrey

Postby cindygrey » August 20th, 2013, 1:52 am

cara wrote:HI guys, i need some new cameras set in my garden. there are small animal disturbing my little kids. i need the camera can cover more viewing angle, so i can know more when pictures are taken. could any one can offer some suggestion?

Wow..so bad news...it is sure to protect the little kids from bad animals.But I have no idea about the camera now.I'll go and ask my friends for help.
Maybe they know something about it.

cara

Postby cara » August 20th, 2013, 2:09 am

Icy wrote:I was also looking for wide angle camera before,and I found this,sharing with you:

hi Icy thanks for your sharing, can you tell where datas are from? are you reliable?

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » August 20th, 2013, 10:02 am

What exactly are the little animals doing that is disturbing the kids? Are the coming after them? A camera isn't going to help you there, all it's going to do is show you what animals are in your garden at what times. If your children are scared of the little animals, then it up to you to teach them there is nothing to be afraid of, and to stay away from the garden if they are. Your other options is to fence your garden in so animals can't get into it and won't bother or scare the kids, or call the pest control people and have the animals removed permanetly. You last option is not to plant a garden if the kids are that scared of animals or wait until they are old enough to understand that they can't chase or play with the animals?
Not exactly sure just what it is your trying to do, or what you hope a camera will do for you?
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » August 20th, 2013, 2:14 pm

If the "small animal" is disturbing your kids and you think they might be unsafe due to the critter then why not get the old 22 out and stop the disturbing? Or if your in the city limits get a high power pellet gun and get rid of the animal.
Is it turkey season yet?

cara

Postby cara » August 21st, 2013, 5:35 am

WillowRidgeCalls wrote:What exactly are the little animals doing that is disturbing the kids? Are the coming after them? A camera isn't going to help you there, all it's going to do is show you what animals are in your garden at what times. If your children are scared of the little animals, then it up to you to teach them there is nothing to be afraid of, and to stay away from the garden if they are. Your other options is to fence your garden in so animals can't get into it and won't bother or scare the kids, or call the pest control people and have the animals removed permanetly. You last option is not to plant a garden if the kids are that scared of animals or wait until they are old enough to understand that they can't chase or play with the animals?
Not exactly sure just what it is your trying to do, or what you hope a camera will do for you?

Hi, thanks for your reply, you questions is quite well, it is more important to teach them there is nothing to be afraid of. Anyway, i need cameras to tell me what they are, and tell who to keep their pest in control.

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » August 21st, 2013, 9:26 am

Well if it's only small animals like rabbits or squirrels then you could get a live trap and catch them. The kids get a charge out of trying to catch it and it will teach the kids that there is nothing to be affraid of because the animal is more affraid of them. You can also take it to the park or edge of town and have the kids let it go so they see that the animal will run away from them. It also rids your garden of pest. the kids soon learn that it's fun to try to sneak up to the garden to see if they can see the animals in there. Watch out because if you catch a few the kids will want to keep them for pets and that's where the danger come in.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Steve_In

Postby Steve_In » August 21st, 2013, 6:52 pm

Or if your in the city limits get a high power pellet gun and get rid of the animal.

I have a Beeman S1 and it is or seems to be louder than my T22 with standard velocity shorts. The hi-power ones break the sound barrier and have a crack that carries. :o
My guess is rats, chipmunks, rabbits or squirrels.
Steve, I love "smoked" turkey

Next

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion