Doc's Book

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
Hookspur

Re: Doc's Book

Postby Hookspur » August 19th, 2013, 6:16 pm

You both make numerous good points, and I respect both ways. I guess what it boils down to is that every author must cross that bridge when they get something published, and there is no way to satisfy everybody unless you've got deep pockets. It's expensive any way you choose to go, and I published my book in both paperback and hardcover. Maybe I will revisit my options later on, or in Volume 2, but for now I'm gonna keep it the way it is. I'm also really proud of how well the publishing company designed the cover...I think it's a danged-attractive book. There might not be anything worth reading between the pages, but she sure is purty to look at!!!

gouldshunter

Postby gouldshunter » August 19th, 2013, 8:19 pm

Hookspur wrote:You both make numerous good points, and I respect both ways. I guess what it boils down to is that every author must cross that bridge when they get something published, and there is no way to satisfy everybody unless you've got deep pockets. It's expensive any way you choose to go, and I published my book in both paperback and hardcover. Maybe I will revisit my options later on, or in Volume 2, but for now I'm gonna keep it the way it is. I'm also really proud of how well the publishing company designed the cover...I think it's a danged-attractive book. There might not be anything worth reading between the pages, but she sure is purty to look at!!!

damn hard to put a personally signed copy of an e-book in a collection, unless you never wiped down your iPad/kindle screens. ;)

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » August 19th, 2013, 8:37 pm

gouldshunter wrote:damn hard to put a personally signed copy of an e-book in a collection, unless you never wiped down your iPad/kindle screens.

Now that's funny. :lol:

Hookspur wrote:every author must cross that bridge when they get something published, and there is no way to satisfy everybody unless you've got deep pockets. It's expensive any way you choose to go

I understand, I've published a few books myself; all ebooks because it's free to publish them. Only the purchaser can read them so every reader must buy their own copy. Unless the purchaser loans out his device, which is not likely for the most part.
Some authors send out signed photo book plates for framing. If someone frames it and hangs it in their office or home-- that my friend is good advertising.
I'm not trying to pressure you into doing anything you are not comfortable with. Good luck.
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

Previous

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion