T&TH forum log in problem fix

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
dewey

T&TH forum log in problem fix

Postby dewey » July 1st, 2013, 3:43 pm

So in and effort to help alleviate some log in problems many members have had I made this post. I have heard we have lost members because of the log in problem and that is never a good thing. So I have had great luck using the fix below described by Brian and myself in another thread.

Brian Lovett wrote:Hi everyone:
It seems that when many folks try to post or reply to threads, they are kicked to their profile page. This has been a recurring problem. Here's a solution from our dev team:
When this occurs, you don't just hit "Update Profile". You need to change your password (even if you want to keep the same password, you still need to type it in there to "change" it). Then you should be able to log into the forum with your username.

I have had this happen numerous time but instead of doing what Brian recommended I would do the following.
1. Scroll to the top and click 'Logout'
2. Then go to a thread and click 'Post reply'
3. Then when it asks for username I use the same username and password.
4. Then I make sure to click on 'Remember me'

It has always worked for me.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

charlie elk

Re: T&TH forum log in problem fix

Postby charlie elk » July 1st, 2013, 5:42 pm

When I was banished that never worked; just kept taking me to my profile page over and over again. I ran out of password ideas.
Sometimes I could type in the reply box but when I hit submit the site opened my profile or gave me an unauthorized user error. Whatever I wrote ended up?? At the NSA? :o
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

dewey

Postby dewey » July 1st, 2013, 8:14 pm

Doh! So much for the fix that has always worked for me.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » July 1st, 2013, 8:44 pm

I wonder if whatever system your running on your puter has anything to do with it? I haven't had problems logging on, but if you delete your cookies every time you shut your computer down, then it won't let youy stay logged in.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

onpoint

Postby onpoint » July 7th, 2013, 8:23 am

dewey wrote:Doh! So much for the fix that has always worked for me.

Dewey

Never worked for me either. All of a sudden the "haint" in the system disappeared and I was able to log on again. I had the same experience that Charlie had. I still can't post from my smartl phone like I could earlier. It takes me right to my personal profile every single time.
"Chasin' gobblers has a lot in common with dealing with a wife, 'bout the time ya' think ya' got 'em figured out, they change the rules!!!"

eddie234

Postby eddie234 » July 8th, 2013, 9:12 am

We lost the magazine and now I fear with loosing members on the forum it may disappear to.
Twitter: @edvogler

dewey

Postby dewey » July 8th, 2013, 10:22 am

eddie234 wrote:We lost the magazine and now I fear with loosing members on the forum it may disappear to.

I am concerned about this as well. I wish there was something we could do as members.

Dewey

       

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » July 9th, 2013, 4:19 pm

eddie wrote:We lost the magazine and now I fear with loosing members on the forum it may disappear to.
dewey wrote-
I am concerned about this as well. I wish there was something we could do as members.

Not to worry yet, this forum usually slows way down after spring.
FWS Media, owner of this site is restructing, probably to be sold. If sold you would think the new owners would take care of their investment.
It would be nice if someone from the the company would clarify the future plans. I base my hypothetical on sippets I have read in various business news journals.
Perhaps some readers and users would like to form a co-op and make a purchase offer?
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion