Late hunt entry

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
onpoint

Late hunt entry

Postby onpoint » June 28th, 2013, 8:01 am

I've been absent from the forum for quite a while now 'cause every time I tried to post or reply the site took me directly to my personal info page. I couldn't even contact anyone to try to figure out what was wrong. For some reason the poltergeist seems to have to have disappeared, so maybe I'm good for a while. I couldn't make a post during the season and when you're old like me the details get a little hazy, so I'll make this short and sweet.
I was able to add Missouri to my list of states where I've harvested a bird. 23# 7 oz 10 1/2" 1" hooks. Then it was on to my old stompin' ground in Kansas where a buddy of mine and I took a double on my B'day. Both 23# plus. Also harvested and ate some Morels on the same afternoon. Great B'day indeed!!
missouri tom.jpg
missouri tom.jpg (15.18 KiB) Viewed 173 times
Kansas Tom.jpg
Kansas Tom.jpg (36.14 KiB) Viewed 173 times
Sorry the pics aren't better, but the weather was nasty both places and photography isn't my forte.
"Chasin' gobblers has a lot in common with dealing with a wife, 'bout the time ya' think ya' got 'em figured out, they change the rules!!!"

charlie elk

Re: Late hunt entry

Postby charlie elk » June 28th, 2013, 8:21 am

Congratulations on some nice birds. You were not alone experiencing login problems, many regulars are having or had problems including myself. Some have contacted me directly expressing concerns this site has a virus and they will not visit because of that fear. I do not think that is the case rather, perhaps there is or was some documentation errors.
We seem to have lost some of the regulars. :(
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

dewey

Re: Late hunt entry

Postby dewey » July 1st, 2013, 3:08 pm

Congratulations on adding Missouri to your list if states with a turkey harvested. Also congrats to you and your buddy for getting a double in your birthday. I have had problems logging on as well but I found a way to get it to work each time. I will post instructions on what I did so others having the same problem hopefully have a solution.

Pm sent.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion