Most powerful storm I've seen.

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
allaboutshooting

Most powerful storm I've seen.

Postby allaboutshooting » June 26th, 2013, 8:49 pm

We are currently having one of the most powerful storms I've seen. It's out of the north, very unusual for us. Most of our weather comes from the west.

Trees are really blowing and rain is coming in huge sheets. We're also having a lot of lightening and thunder. We're under a severe thunderstorm warning, so we'll keep our eyes open.

Our television reception is out, we have Dish, so no real news on what's happening.

I've just never seen big trees blow so much.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

dewey

Re: Most powerful storm I've seen.

Postby dewey » June 27th, 2013, 9:59 am

We had a couple of big thunderstorms roll through here last Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. According to the paper about 550,000 homes were without power at one point. We lost power for about 3.5 days but thankfully no one was hurt. A friend let me borrow his generator once his power got back up and running the next day so me and my neighbors had our freezers and refrigerators going off of the generator.

Stay safe everyone.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » June 28th, 2013, 5:31 am

Hang in there. The storms seem to be getting more frequent and severe these days. It has been raining here more than usual. We've already had over 7 inches for the month with more forecast every day for the next week (We average less than half that much). I just hope the hurricanes stay away or it will be a serious mess.
Stay safe everybody.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

onpoint

Postby onpoint » June 28th, 2013, 7:36 am

I hope all this rain in the Midwest doesn't mess up the hatch for the upcoming year. We're starting to get a lot of rain down here in NW Florida as well
"Chasin' gobblers has a lot in common with dealing with a wife, 'bout the time ya' think ya' got 'em figured out, they change the rules!!!"

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion