Ehtics Check: Cornfield Capers

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
turkeylimb

RE: Ehtics Check: Cornfield Capers

Postby turkeylimb » March 11th, 2009, 11:31 am

C. BAIL OUT

alawaddlwhkr13

Postby alawaddlwhkr13 » March 11th, 2009, 8:11 pm

A the corns been there for months any game warden would make clear note it was farming waste

shaman

Postby shaman » March 12th, 2009, 12:59 am

Kentucky is quite certain in its prohibition on bait.  A guy can get nailed for a bait pile on the neighbor's property. A guy can get nailed for bait on his own property that a poacher placed.  If they find bait and then see you near it hunting turkeys, you're toast.   

I'd want out of there as quickly as I could. 
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
ImageImage

JPH

Postby JPH » March 12th, 2009, 3:31 am

You know what would make this scenario even better? If the farmer spoke in a really cheezy rural dialect!

"They tree-up all over these parts" the kindly man says, puffing on his corn cob pipe. "But ifin ye slew foot on down to yonder conttonwoods, them ridgerunners'll be a peckin away 'for tomorrow's sunrise hits the bottom of 'ol Festus Hollar. Rekon that's where I'd be, were I wantin me a turkey dinner."

I'm not going to vacate every field that has a little corn spillage or I'd never hunt picked fields, but a pile large enough to be seen at a distance sounds fishy to me. My gut tells me our farmer or another hunter, has been rifle shooting game over this pile for a while.

It is always nice to find a landowner that will let a stranger to go out and hunt. That is until you realize that they let EVERY stranger hunt and God know what is going on out there.

I pick C. I'm out of there.

shaman

Postby shaman » March 12th, 2009, 4:50 am

It is always nice to find a landowner that will let a stranger to go out and hunt. That is until you realize that they let EVERY stranger hunt and God know what is going on out there.

Amen to that.  My current place was like that at the time I moved in.  There was a lot of cheesy stuff going on until I got it clear in everyone's head that the new owners did not appreciate hunting without permission, and that letters of permission were rarely given out.
ImageImage

JPH

Postby JPH » March 12th, 2009, 5:53 am

shaman, I am let down that you did not add anything to my new dialogue. Sigh...

NAZTY

Postby NAZTY » March 12th, 2009, 7:21 am

Thats pretty hillarious JPH! And yea I'd a been listenin at first light so I could've made my "own" move on the birds.

shaman

Postby shaman » March 12th, 2009, 8:46 am

"They tree-up all over these parts" the kindly man says, puffing on his corn cob pipe. "But ifin ye slew foot on down to yonder conttonwoods, them ridgerunners'll be a peckin away 'for tomorrow's sunrise hits the bottom of 'ol Festus Hollar. Rekon that's where I'd be, were I wantin me a turkey dinner."
ORIGINAL: JPH

shaman, I am let down that you did not add anything to my new dialogue. Sigh...

How can a simple suburbanite such as myself ever match that?  It'd end up sounding like Oliver Douglas trying to imitate Mister Haney trying to imitate Fred Ziffel.  I would rather keep simple perfection where it stands.
ImageImage

JPH

Postby JPH » March 12th, 2009, 9:44 am

By crackie! Ifin it's that good, meybee I'll use it in nigh-on every post!

...okay, no.

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » March 12th, 2009, 10:42 am

...okay, no.

Thank you.
Brad

"Without hunting there would be no conservation, without conservation there would be no wildlife."
-Rob Keck

PreviousNext

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion