Remington shotgun help

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
maineute

Remington shotgun help

Postby maineute » June 17th, 2013, 4:52 am

I am interested in getting a new shotgun. I have a Remington 870 express and I love it. I want to get a semi auto and have been looking at the Remington 1187 sportsman super magnum shurshot turkey gun. My problem is that I can find it on their website when you click on it it goes to a page that is missing. This makes me think that they don't sell it anymore? Anyone have any info on this?
I also was wondering if I can get a slug barrel for this gun? I have been to a couple places to deer hunt where I have to use a shot gun and would like to have the semi auto option when I do that? Thanks in advance

kygobbler

Re: Remington shotgun help

Postby kygobbler » June 17th, 2013, 12:43 pm

I looked at cabelas and bass pro and they had the 1187 priced for $700. Midway had the slug barrel priced at $235. You might be able to get them cheaper if you can get everything together.
Is it turkey season yet?

maineute

Postby maineute » June 17th, 2013, 4:39 pm

kygobbler wrote:I looked at cabelas and bass pro and they had the 1187 priced for $700. Midway had the slug barrel priced at $235. You might be able to get them cheaper if you can get everything together.

Thanks for the reply, I looked at Cabelas allready. That gun is your "standard" 1187. I really want this gun
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... g&dur=9619
I can find pictures of it everywhere. I can not find where I can purchase it. It is the "Remington 1187 sportsman super magnum shurshot turkey gun". I love the look of it. I wonder if it has been "outlawed" because of the pistol grip.
I may end up buying the standard 1187. I just thought I would ask here hoping someone had allready done the research.

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » June 17th, 2013, 6:04 pm

I found it on Remington's website.

http://remington.com/products/firearms/ ... urkey.aspx

If you go to "Find a Retailer" hopefully you can find one close to you. I choose the option and called the store. They told me that they had it and assured me that it had the pistol grip. Good luck on getting one.
Is it turkey season yet?

maineute

Postby maineute » June 17th, 2013, 11:51 pm

Thanks alot for doing that for me. I clisked on the specs for the gun and it shows that it is discontinued. The fact that you called the store and found one is good for me. I will have to start calling around and find one. I also was able to read the owners manual and it apears that I can use a slug barrel with that gun.
I think that the link I was trying did not work because it is discontinued.
Thanks again you went above and beyond.

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » June 18th, 2013, 1:31 pm

I had to run into town today and stopped by the store that said they had it. Yep they didn't have it after all.
Is it turkey season yet?

maineute

Postby maineute » June 18th, 2013, 11:32 pm

I really dont expect to find it. I have been looking for a while to see if I can see one when I have been in the store and I have yet to see one. I will have to look for something else. I really want a semi auto that shoots 3 1/2 inch shells. I will have to look at something other then the 1187. Anything that shoots it has been discontinued. Time to do some more research. Thanks for the help again. I really do appreciate it.

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » June 19th, 2013, 4:45 am

Look at the Winchester SX3, its a great shotgun. I have one and wouldn't trade it for anything.
Is it turkey season yet?

retranger

Postby retranger » June 19th, 2013, 6:25 am

Three/four years ago I was looking for a new shot gun and ended up getting the mossberg 935 turkey gun. I use it for turkey only and have had no problems. I put a red dot scope on it. I personally have had problems with the Remington company on service and won't deal with them any more. :twisted:
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

gutpiler

Postby gutpiler » June 21st, 2013, 8:42 pm

Amen ... I bought my one and only shotgun from Remington and will not purchase another Remington gun again. (See Remington 887 thread)
For those about to hunt .... We salute you!

Next

Return to Shooting