Capes done, now for the beards

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
dewey

Re: Capes done, now for the beards

Postby dewey » June 16th, 2013, 10:31 pm

kygobbler wrote:Dewey, I like how treerooster has his stuff also but there is in one thing in that photo I am going to try to do. I want to make a Mr. Skully like that. I think that is awesome and I know my wife won't be to fond of it but it will be in the man cave. Lol

Dude we have the same thought process on this one. I agree 100% on the Mr Skully and driving the wifey crazy.

We need to have treerooster give a step by step tutorial on how to make a Mr Skully.

turkey junky wrote:we just got back some mounts from kansas ill try & post some pics with help from dewey of course... lol

my father got back a nice rio grande full body gobbler strut n that can also be hung on the wall... i got a rio grande gobbler that is a half body mount that goes on the wall facing you but looks like its in full strut wings & all i like that style of mount it takes up less room overall...

both mounts are top notch & quality mounts that make our other turkey mounts look like a novice did the work!!! ill try & get them pics posted early next wk i think & you guys can let me know what you think...

Send them to my email address and I will get them posted for you:)

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

Treerooster

Postby Treerooster » June 16th, 2013, 11:29 pm

dewey wrote:
kygobbler wrote:Dewey, I like how treerooster has his stuff also but there is in one thing in that photo I am going to try to do. I want to make a Mr. Skully like that. I think that is awesome and I know my wife won't be to fond of it but it will be in the man cave. Lol

Dude we have the same thought process on this one. I agree 100% on the Mr Skully and driving the wifey crazy.

We need to have treerooster give a step by step tutorial on how to make a Mr Skully.
Dewey

You guys get one and just PM me if you have any questions. I'd be happy to help. Getting the bones clean is the hardest part.

I made sure my Skully wasn't shot too close so there weren't very many pellet holes and I cut the head/neck off at the base of the body to get all the vertebrae.

Just put the head in a plastic bag in the freezer until you are ready to work on it...but make sure the wide don't find that either, :D
As far as this turkey thing......I know enough...to know enough...that I don't know enough

charlie elk

Postby charlie elk » June 17th, 2013, 9:40 am

Don't you think Mr. Skully needs a beard?
An idea just popped into my head- a bearded Mr. Skully with a "naked" Mrs. Skully...?

Nice to be back, my login problem has been fixed. At least for now.
later,
charlie
If you agree with me call it fact; if you disagree - call it my opinion.
After all - we are talking turkey.

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » June 17th, 2013, 9:13 pm

Treerooster wrote:Just put the head in a plastic bag in the freezer until you are ready to work on it...but make sure the wide don't find that either,

That reminds me of what happened to my wife the other day in the grocery store. We was going through the meat section. She picked up a package and was looking at it. I noticed what she had and was trying like heck to get my cell phone out of my pocket. She turned the package over to see what it was and noticed it said cow's tongue. :lol: She threw the package down, with the "I'm going to puke look" on her face, and couldn't get to her hand sanitizer quick enough. I was laughing my butt off and she looked at me and asked "Why did you let me pick that up when you knew what it was?" My response, "What's the matter, don't you want a little tongue." :lol: :lol: :lol: Yep she didn't like my answer.
Is it turkey season yet?

dewey

Postby dewey » June 18th, 2013, 4:02 pm

kygobbler wrote:
Treerooster wrote:Just put the head in a plastic bag in the freezer until you are ready to work on it...but make sure the wide don't find that either,

That reminds me of what happened to my wife the other day in the grocery store. We was going through the meat section. She picked up a package and was looking at it. I noticed what she had and was trying like heck to get my cell phone out of my pocket. She turned the package over to see what it was and noticed it said cow's tongue. :lol: She threw the package down, with the "I'm going to puke look" on her face, and couldn't get to her hand sanitizer quick enough. I was laughing my butt off and she looked at me and asked "Why did you let me pick that up when you knew what it was?" My response, "What's the matter, don't you want a little tongue." :lol: :lol: :lol: Yep she didn't like my answer.

Nice one Bryan! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Those kind of comments and the classic "that is what she said" comments are what I am good for. If you ask my wife she might say that is all I am good for :lol:

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

Previous

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion