NICE

Do you create your own turkey calls? This is the place for you. Share techniques, offer tips and post photos of your creations.
retranger

NICE

Postby retranger » June 14th, 2013, 7:41 am

Nice Scott,,,,,,now do you handle divorces also?? I am heading to Lowes to purchase table, band saw, sander etc. LOL I think Dewey had good idea and a "how to" section should be on here. Guess I can see why my box that I tried to make a while ago didn't work. Thanks for posting
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

WillowRidgeCalls

Re: NICE

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » June 14th, 2013, 9:12 am

I agree, I too wish there was a *How To* section, where people could ask questions about building things of all sorts. It would be nice to see other peoples projects and learn to learn how to build or fix things, and to learn how to run certain calls.
That is why I chose the Turpin Call, to help teach people. It is one of the easiest box calls to learn to make, because you don't have to worry about any angles or need anything real fancy to do it. Some of the first ones were built using a pocket knife and a rock, and a lot of time, now we have access to many tools that help us out and make it a lot easier :lol: .
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Limb Hanger

Postby Limb Hanger » June 14th, 2013, 11:37 am

Thanks for posting that instructional Scott! A "How To" section would be awesome! After your PM answering my questions about a Gibson call, I picked up a cross vise; it looks the vise will come in handy for the Turpin call.
Meadowblaster Custom Turkey Calls

Just because he isn't gobbl'n, doesn't mean he isn't listen'n!

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » June 14th, 2013, 8:46 pm

I use that vise for making all my calls, pots and boxes. It is a very handy vise for on any drill press. I mounted mine on a piece of plywood and switch it from one press to another, depending on what I need to drill. I bolt it down to the drill press table and make sure it's lined up the drill bit to make sure I get a straight line drilling. I marked the press table to make sure it goes back to the same place every time I move it, then just bolt it tight.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

bbcustomboxcalls

Postby bbcustomboxcalls » June 18th, 2013, 8:17 pm

Good job on the tutorial Scott.

Bill

Return to Call Makers