Box Call Making

Do you create your own turkey calls? This is the place for you. Share techniques, offer tips and post photos of your creations.
WillowRidgeCalls

Box Call Making

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » June 13th, 2013, 2:10 pm

I've been doing few Turpin Box Calls lately, and was thinking of doing one start to finish with pics of how I do them. I'm curious if anyone would be intrested in learning how to make one?
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

retranger

Re: Box Call Making

Postby retranger » June 13th, 2013, 2:38 pm

Sure why not ,,,, I think this site needs something to keep it going,,,,,seems to be fading fast. I had offered info on turkey fans once but it didn't get any response. Thanks Scott
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow
Doug <- <- ~<- <- <- ~ <-

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » June 13th, 2013, 5:28 pm

Post it up Scott. I would be interested on how to make one also.

gooseberry

Postby gooseberry » June 13th, 2013, 6:29 pm

I'd sure be interested. Thanks

dewey

Postby dewey » June 13th, 2013, 11:20 pm

retranger wrote:Sure why not ,,,, I think this site needs something to keep it going,,,,,seems to be fading fast. I had offered info on turkey fans once but it didn't get any response. Thanks Scott

I agree on the forum and also that a how to thread from WRC sounds great. I must have missed the offer on the turkey fans but I think that sounds like a great idea.

Perhaps we could make a folder called 'How to...' And put these threads in there.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

retranger

Postby retranger » June 14th, 2013, 7:33 am

[/quote]Perhaps we could make a folder called 'How to...' And put these threads in there.[/quote]

Good idea Dewey 8-) Maybe it would help get some folks on here and bring back some that have left. Many of the folks I communicated with are missing. :( :(

PS couldn't figure out how you folks do the quote thing LOL
What works for me may not work for you and what works today may not work tomorrow

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » June 14th, 2013, 8:37 pm

retranger wrote:
Perhaps we could make a folder called 'How to...' And put these threads in there.[/quote]

Good idea Dewey 8-) Maybe it would help get some folks on here and bring back some that have left. Many of the folks I communicated with are missing. :( :(

PS couldn't figure out how you folks do the quote thing LOL[/quote]
:lol: just click the Quote button in the posts upper right hand corner on what ever post you want to quote.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » June 14th, 2013, 9:47 pm

dewey wrote:
retranger wrote:Sure why not ,,,, I think this site needs something to keep it going,,,,,seems to be fading fast. I had offered info on turkey fans once but it didn't get any response. Thanks Scott

I agree on the forum and also that a how to thread from WRC sounds great. I must have missed the offer on the turkey fans but I think that sounds like a great idea.

Perhaps we could make a folder called 'How to...' And put these threads in there.

Dewey

I missed that one also unless it was where we was talking about fixing my cape.

retranger

Postby retranger » June 15th, 2013, 7:15 am

Kygobbler wrote: I missed that one also unless it was where we was talking about fixing my cape.

I emailed the instructions to you, don't know if it is a method that you can use. Not sure how you treat or preserve your capes now. Everybody I know that just dried and borax the tail fans, they ended up falling apart after a year or so. What do you do to the cape?

WillowRidgeCalls

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » June 15th, 2013, 10:22 am

retranger wrote:Kygobbler wrote: I missed that one also unless it was where we was talking about fixing my cape.

I emailed the instructions to you, don't know if it is a method that you can use. Not sure how you treat or preserve your capes now. Everybody I know that just dried and borax the tail fans, they ended up falling apart after a year or so. What do you do to the cape?

Interesting? I've never had one fall apart. I cover the end of mine with borax and let it dry for a couple months, then I brush all the extra borax off and spray mine with some clear satin spray. Maybe that helps seal them up tight so they don't dry out as bad? Then I mount them in my tail fan plaques. I've got some fans that were taken back in the early 80's and they are just as tight as the day I cut them off. I use a jake fan on my strutter decoy, that I did the same way and have used it for about 6 years, no problems there either?
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Next

Return to Call Makers