The haint gobble call

Share information about your calls and calling methods!
iceoiler

The haint gobble call

Postby iceoiler » June 13th, 2013, 7:59 am

Git the walnut haint gobble call, watched every video known to man, followed them to the T, practiced for hrs so far, and cannot, no matter what i do get my tongue to flutter slow enough? Any suggestions? Does anyone know if these calls need to be tuned and if so how that would be done?

WillowRidgeCalls

Re: The haint gobble call

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » June 13th, 2013, 1:56 pm

That is one of the problems that a lot of guys have with them. I've tried them and I can't get it slow enough either. If you slow down then it doesn't sound right because your not getting enough air pressure against the reeds. I've never taken one apart, but to me I think they needed a thicker reed in them, which would required more air pressure but run slower? You have to use the air from your chest, not like you would doing a feeder duck call. Up close they don't sound all that bad, but from a distance it's hard to hear the gobbling sound in them because it's too fast, not like you can on a box call. My opinion your much better off using a deep rasp box call that you can control the sound and speed of your gobbles.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

Treerooster

Postby Treerooster » June 14th, 2013, 9:39 pm

I know this doesn't but something else to consider if you want to gobble on a call. I always have a box call with me, no need to carry another call...and the haint doesn't sound real good IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeDRl5_V4HA
As far as this turkey thing......I know enough...to know enough...that I don't know enough

turkey junky

Postby turkey junky » June 16th, 2013, 3:58 pm

i have been using the primos gobble shaker for years have called in many turkeys using that gobbler call it may sound dumb to us but i think it sounds like a jake to the gobblers it does work & to me the haint sounds un-realistic both in person & in videos i would not get 1 my-self primos maid a double gobbler shaker or something like that this season its a gobble shaker & a haint style gobble call also i would get that 2 in 1 call but for a gobble call that works & is always in my vest cant beat a primos gobble shaker... used to use a box call & shake it back & fourth or back & fourth between index & thumb but that sounded worst of all to my ears id rather gobble with my natural voice then use a box call gobble so i know use a 1 sided box call that has a high pitch sound i love...

just experiment with that call & keep trying to break it in maybe thats it it just needs to be broke in b4 it sound some what o.k. at best???

Return to Calling