Forum Problems

The latest news from the field!
WillowRidgeCalls

Re: Forum Problems

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » March 14th, 2013, 12:32 am

I'm back guys, it was a rough ride but I think I helped the site? I was on March 2 at 2:45 am, and as soon as I clicked on the page I had a grey spot floating around the screen about the size of a dime. If you click on a post it would disapear and then come back as you were readinng the post. I was the only one on the site, no guest or members on. I thought what the heck is that? I chased it down and clicked on it, and all hell broke loose. My puter started to rattle and my screen went solid white, then black and back to white, and shut me down, shut the puter and everything down. I tried to restart it, but no luck, all I got was alarms going off from my viris protection and a white screen. I called my ITT buddy and he couldn't get it working either. I took it in and they took over 1200 virises out of it and had to replace the hard drive because the virises were inbedded into it to deep to get out. I'm trying to get thing reloaded as I type, I just got it back this evening and trying to get everything set back the way I had it. I'm curiouse if the site started running cleaner on the 3rd and people were able to get back on without problems?
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » March 14th, 2013, 12:40 am

Scott, Im glad you posted that. I had a similar problem with my lap top at home. I didn't have the gray ghost floating around but I was reading a thread and then my computer went out. My screen went black and wouldn't do anything except for the caps lock button flashing. I tried taking all the power away from it and retrying but it didn't help. I haven't had time to get it checked out but Im willing to bet some virises got in it.

Atleast I know now that I didn't do something to it. :?

Brian Lovett

Postby Brian Lovett » March 18th, 2013, 1:55 pm

Hi everyone:
It seems that when many folks try to post or reply to threads, they are kicked to their profile page. This has been a recurring problem. Here's a solution from our dev team:
When this occurs, you don't just hit "Update Profile". You need to change your password (even if you want to keep the same password, you still need to type it in there to "change" it). Then you should be able to log into the forum with your username.

bcknuts

Postby bcknuts » March 18th, 2013, 5:46 pm

Dang Scott that sounded ugly.viirus.Can be a pain in the well just say wallet.

dewey

Postby dewey » June 6th, 2013, 9:31 pm

Brian Lovett wrote:Hi everyone:
It seems that when many folks try to post or reply to threads, they are kicked to their profile page. This has been a recurring problem. Here's a solution from our dev team:
When this occurs, you don't just hit "Update Profile". You need to change your password (even if you want to keep the same password, you still need to type it in there to "change" it). Then you should be able to log into the forum with your username.

I have had this happen numerous time but instead of doing what Brian recommended I would scroll to the top and click 'Logout' and then go to a thread a click 'Post reply' then when it asks for username I use the same username and password then I make sure to click on 'Remember me'

It has always worked for me.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » April 11th, 2014, 8:38 pm

Why are we still having this problem of logging on??

Why is it the only way I can log on now is to use my cell phone and go through my email and get on the site thru a pm message?

Why is it, that when someone sends an email or pm to Brian about this you get no reply? A simple I'm trying to figure would be a good answer to me than nothing.

This was the first forum I ever joined up with and truly love this site. Even though I am not a computer geek in any shape, form, or fashion I would do what I could to help. I just don't understand that ever since TTH magazine got discontinued we are like the red headed step child.

We have several people who are not able to log in and have been able to let others know they are having problems.

Why is it that it seems like nobody who is running this site seems to care?

Why is it that they can not come on here and acknowledge they know there is a problem and help us out?

My last question, are you wanting this site to die off just like the magazine did?

I will get off my soap box now but it just aggervates the crap out me that it seems that some people just don't get give a crap.

Previous

Return to News from Turkey & Turkey Hunting