My new Remington 870 with Burris FF3

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
ads1

My new Remington 870 with Burris FF3

Postby ads1 » June 4th, 2013, 3:27 pm

Hey everyone,

Some pictures of my new 870 w/Burris FF3. Spent the afternoon putting the FF3 on the gun, deep cleaning the barrel, sighting the gun, and test firing at 40 yards. The only new information is the Redfield two piece bases that I used. Actually only used one piece of the Redfield base, The Burris FF3 was ordered with a Picatinny Mount which attached cleanly to the Redfield Base. It took two shots to zero and then the test fire at 40 yards with the Rem Choke and a SSX .643 choke. I still need to fine tune using some different diameter chokes later. That's been my day... a real rush. I will say the 870 slaps a little harder than my Benelli SV, but I love the feel of the 870 w/FF3. The 23 inch barrel handles nicely. I really like this setup and using one piece of the Redfield Base makes for clean lines on the gun. Attached are some pictures. Trigger pull seems a little rough so I may have to get a gunsmith to work on that before next season. Can't wait until next season. :D

Terry E. Kiser
Attachments
SSX pattern Hevi Blend 40 yds.jpg
Need to fine tune, but happy with this
SSX pattern Hevi Blend 40 yds.jpg (1.19 MiB) Viewed 658 times
Rem. 870 SPS Turkey Gun.jpg
Another View
Rem. 870 SPS Turkey Gun.jpg (1.29 MiB) Viewed 658 times
IMG_20130604_140744.jpg
Closeup of Burris FF3 and Redfield Base
IMG_20130604_140744.jpg (1.05 MiB) Viewed 658 times
Remington 870 Burris FF3.jpg
Side view
Remington 870 Burris FF3.jpg (1.09 MiB) Viewed 658 times

WillowRidgeCalls

Re: My new Remington 870 with Burris FF3

Postby WillowRidgeCalls » June 4th, 2013, 3:48 pm

Looks like that will do the trick just fine.
WillowRidgeCalls
WI Youth & LTH Mentor
Dodge Co. NWTF
Scott

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » June 4th, 2013, 6:23 pm

ads1 wrote:Hey everyone,

Some pictures of my new 870 w/Burris FF3. Spent the afternoon putting the FF3 on the gun, deep cleaning the barrel, sighting the gun, and test firing at 40 yards. The only new information is the Redfield two piece bases that I used. Actually only used one piece of the Redfield base, The Burris FF3 was ordered with a Picatinny Mount which attached cleanly to the Redfield Base. It took two shots to zero and then the test fire at 40 yards with the Rem Choke and a SSX .643 choke. I still need to fine tune using some different diameter chokes later. That's been my day... a real rush. I will say the 870 slaps a little harder than my Benelli SV, but I love the feel of the 870 w/FF3. The 23 inch barrel handles nicely. I really like this setup and using one piece of the Redfield Base makes for clean lines on the gun. Attached are some pictures. Trigger pull seems a little rough so I may have to get a gunsmith to work on that before next season. Can't wait until next season. :D

Terry E. Kiser

Terry,

That gun looks fantastic and your patterns are excellent. Congratulations!

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

bcknuts

Postby bcknuts » June 8th, 2013, 3:57 pm

Great looking gun Terry . Was it hard to sight in the ff3 ? Great pattern to.

ads1

Postby ads1 » June 8th, 2013, 5:12 pm

bcknuts wrote:Great looking gun Terry . Was it hard to sight in the ff3 ? Great pattern to.

Kevin,

It took two shots to sight in and the 40 yard test pattern was the third shot. I was surprised how easy the FF3 mounted and how easy it was to get on target. I'm sure I will tweak some more after I get some Hevi Shot #7's. I've had really good luck with Hevi Shot Blend, so I probably should not change but half the fun is just shooting!! :D

Getting the two piece Redfield base was a real plus for me because each base has three slots and is just a little longer than the FF3. If I had gotten the Picatinny Base or the Weaver Base, two thirds of the base would have been exposed. IMO it would not look as attractive.

Terry

bcknuts

Postby bcknuts » June 9th, 2013, 10:28 am

Well I'm glad it only took a few shots to get on target.Hope mine go's that easy will post pics when I get a chance.Thanks Terry

Kevin

Return to Shooting