Guess The Wood

Your place to talk about anything and everything hunting-related!
Cut N Run

Re: Guess The Wood

Postby Cut N Run » May 29th, 2013, 5:47 am

dewey wrote:
Cut N Run wrote:Congrats Dewey. I would have guessed oak too. Ric Flair would claim that you needed to be stylin' & profilin' first, then he'd lay a few WOOOOOO WOOOOooos on you.

Jim

Ahhh you are a fan of Ric Flair? Awesome! As Ric Flair would say "to be the man you have got to beat the man...wooooooooooo!"

He is from your neck of the woods isn't he Jim?

Dewey

I'm no kind of pro wrestling fan, but the Nature Boy transcends the "sport". Ric Flair lives in or around Charlotte, about 2 hours S.W. of here and is well known in the area. He was adopted by the Carolina Hurricanes hockey club as a local personality to help draw fans. After every goal the Hurricanes score, they play a clip of Flair on the jumbotron saying "That's a Carolina Hurricanes Goal! Woooo - Woooo - Woooo!" and the fans join in.

Several years ago, the Hurricanes had Ric Flair as a guest at one of the games. They did a meet & greet for a few fans with the players after the game at the Arena Club. It was good fun. The size of the guys who were body guards looking out for Flair was kind of amazing. I didn't realize people got that big.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

kygobbler

Postby kygobbler » May 29th, 2013, 6:23 am

Congrats Dewey. Im sure you will love the call.

Chief Many Longbeards

Postby Chief Many Longbeards » May 29th, 2013, 8:31 am

dang, late to the party again :lol:
congrats on getting a great lookin - and i'm sure a great sounding - call, dewey
and a thumbs-up to scott

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » May 29th, 2013, 2:31 pm

I was going to say Ash, but since someone said that I'll guess Chestnut.

Steve.
When [url="http://www.EverydayHunter.com"]"The Everyday Hunter"[/url] isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

Hookspur

Postby Hookspur » May 29th, 2013, 7:27 pm

Looks like sassafras, to me.

ylpnfol

Postby ylpnfol » May 29th, 2013, 8:17 pm

dewey wrote:
Cut N Run wrote:Congrats Dewey. I would have guessed oak too. Ric Flair would claim that you needed to be stylin' & profilin' first, then he'd lay a few WOOOOOO WOOOOooos on you.

Jim

Ahhh you are a fan of Ric Flair? Awesome! As Ric Flair would say "to be the man you have got to beat the man...wooooooooooo!"

Dewey

A guy at works business card says, his name " the Rick Flair of plating " everyday, when I see him " wooooooooooo ".......that's too good..... :lol: Good luck with ur new call young fella.....
Unofficial mascot for Team 2
Springtime Assassins

dewey

Postby dewey » May 29th, 2013, 8:41 pm

ylpnfol wrote:
dewey wrote:

Jim

Dewey

A guy at works business card says, his name " the Rick Flair of plating " everyday, when I see him " wooooooooooo ".......that's too good..... :lol: Good luck with ur new call young fella.....

Thanks. I am looking forward to getting it. When I do I will send a picture of the little man and I with it.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

Previous

Return to Talkin' Turkey • General discussion