Team #2 2013 Gobbler harvest thread

dewey

Re: Team #2 2013 Gobbler harvest thread

Postby dewey » May 22nd, 2013, 11:03 pm

ylpnfol wrote:
dewey wrote:So here is what I figure our team total is so far.

Dewey - 1 mature tom & 1 jake---done hunting
Tom21innm - ???
Turkeyjohn - 1 mature tom & 1 jake---done hunting.
Gouldshunter - still hunting?
ylpnfol - 3 mature toms---done hunting
eggshell - 2 mature toms---done hunting.

Does this look right? If not please correct me and I will post this under the base camp thread.

Dewey

Just so nobody confuses me w/ a member of Barry's administration, the one I got on the last day was a jake, but I heard about it the same time that you did..... :roll:

LOL! Good one.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

gouldshunter

Postby gouldshunter » May 26th, 2013, 12:08 pm

Well the season is done in Arizona I never got a bird for my self but managed to do well for others. I helped my hunting partner harvest his first ever turkey and it was a Gould's which ended up being much harder then I imagined. i will be posting pics and story and that hunt when I complete it. I apologize for letting my team mates down. Bill

dewey

Postby dewey » May 26th, 2013, 9:06 pm

gouldshunter wrote:Well the season is done in Arizona I never got a bird for my self but managed to do well for others. I helped my hunting partner harvest his first ever turkey and it was a Gould's which ended up being much harder then I imagined. i will be posting pics and story and that hunt when I complete it. I apologize for letting my team mates down. Bill

You got to help someone harvest a Gould's as their first turkey, spend some quality time with your dad on hopefully not his last trip and still got a little time for yourself. That sounds to me like a great spring.

I am looking forward to seeing the pictures and story of the Gould's hunt.

As for the contest in my opinion there is no need to apologize as sometimes helping others is more important.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

ylpnfol

Postby ylpnfol » May 26th, 2013, 9:46 pm

gouldshunter wrote:Well the season is done in Arizona I never got a bird for my self but managed to do well for others. I helped my hunting partner harvest his first ever turkey and it was a Gould's which ended up being much harder then I imagined. i will be posting pics and story and that hunt when I complete it. I apologize for letting my team mates down. Bill

Good times, no need for an apology Bill, sounds like you had a very successful season, congrats on that goulds, never know if that opportunity will present itself again, looking forward to the story and pics.....
David

You never know, unless you go

eggshell

Postby eggshell » May 26th, 2013, 9:49 pm

Well done Gouldshunter, I am positive the memories are worth wayyyyyy more than a forum contest. In my opinion you done the team proud. It is a wise and good man who chooses to serve others above himself, your rewards are greater than a gobbler tagged.
Bust em, Bag em, thank HIm

dewey

Postby dewey » May 27th, 2013, 12:07 am

eggshell wrote:Well done Gouldshunter, I am positive the memories are worth wayyyyyy more than a forum contest. In my opinion you done the team proud. It is a wise and good man who chooses to serve others above himself, your rewards are greater than a gobbler tagged.

Well said and 100% agreed.

Dewey

       

TurkeyJohn

Postby TurkeyJohn » May 29th, 2013, 2:38 pm

Agree 100 percent with Eggshell,

It's more than a turkey contest that brings us all together. Fellowship, kinship, is what it's all about and the memories forged together.

TurkeyJohn
Hobby.....Is there anything other than turkey hunting??

ylpnfol

Postby ylpnfol » June 8th, 2013, 8:38 pm

Well I just saw we didn't win. How can that be ? :o congrats to team 1, great season boys, it was fun team 2, hope everyone has a great summer, stay cool....
David

You never know, unless you go

Previous

Return to Team 2