Team #2 2013 Gobbler harvest thread

gouldshunter

Re: Team #2 2013 Gobbler harvest thread

Postby gouldshunter » May 6th, 2013, 5:39 pm

ylpnfol wrote:That there is too cool, have a great hunt, those are beautiful birds, but aren't they all, love those fans, are you going to be hunting goulds when u go on the 13th?

I agree they are all beautiful in their own unique way. I do not have a tag I am taking a friend who has never shot a turkey, how I wish my first turkey hunt could have been a Gould's.

dewey

Postby dewey » May 6th, 2013, 10:46 pm

gouldshunter wrote:
ylpnfol wrote:That there is too cool, have a great hunt, those are beautiful birds, but aren't they all, love those fans, are you going to be hunting goulds when u go on the 13th?

I agree they are all beautiful in their own unique way. I do not have a tag I am taking a friend who has never shot a turkey, how I wish my first turkey hunt could have been a Gould's.

What a first hunt! The question would be would you want to know how rare it is to have the opportunity to go Goulds hunting on your first try or not? Hope you guys have a great time and make sure to post some pictures.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

dewey

Postby dewey » May 9th, 2013, 10:20 am

So here is what I figure our team total is so far.

Dewey - 1 mature tom & 1 jake---done hunting
Tom21innm - ???
Turkeyjohn - 1 mature tom & 1 jake---done hunting.
Gouldshunter - numerous assists but no tags punched
ylpnfol - 2 mature toms & 1 jake---done hunting
eggshell - 2 mature toms---done hunting.

Does this look right? If not please correct me and I will post this under the base camp thread.

Dewey
Last edited by dewey on May 26th, 2013, 9:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

eggshell

Postby eggshell » May 9th, 2013, 10:13 pm

mine is right, 2 mature toms and done
Bust em, Bag em, thank HIm

TurkeyJohn

Postby TurkeyJohn » May 10th, 2013, 9:52 am

Mine is right too, 1 Tom and 1 Jake,

But done hunting, only 2 tags for us here in Ontario :cry: ,

Hoping to get out and help a buddy fill his tags, I've got the property permission,

Thanks guys and good luck to those still hunting,

Go Team 2!!

TurkeyJohn
Hobby.....Is there anything other than turkey hunting??

ylpnfol

Postby ylpnfol » May 10th, 2013, 8:50 pm

Correct, if your counting the knockdown on opening day, still have 3 more days to dispose of my last tag, only time will tell.....good luck to all still afield
David

You never know, unless you go

eggshell

Postby eggshell » May 22nd, 2013, 7:11 am

Well it's about time to make up the final tally for the contest. I think we have actively heard from all but one member of team 2, tom21NM. I sent him an e-mail and have not gotten a response. So I guess we are most likely out of the trophy chase with a member not participating/reporting. I see team seven is waiting to hear from LAlongbeard as well. I'm not trying to be nasty, but really if you give your word to faithfully participate you should follow through. I know it is all for fun, and the world won't end, but I am one who expects people to keep their word. Now if there is a legitimate reason then that is life and we all fall subject to that, but still let those you promised know why you are out. when Gobblerman announces the winning team I will remove the trophy avatar from my screen name and transfer the image to any member of the winning team who wants it.

If I recall right Goulds is still hunting.

dewey

Postby dewey » May 22nd, 2013, 10:26 am

eggshell wrote:Well it's about time to make up the final tally for the contest. I think we have actively heard from all but one member of team 2, tom21NM. I sent him an e-mail and have not gotten a response. So I guess we are most likely out of the trophy chase with a member not participating/reporting. I see team seven is waiting to hear from LAlongbeard as well. I'm not trying to be nasty, but really if you give your word to faithfully participate you should follow through. I know it is all for fun, and the world won't end, but I am one who expects people to keep their word. Now if there is a legitimate reason then that is life and we all fall subject to that, but still let those you promised know why you are out. when Gobblerman announces the winning team I will remove the trophy avatar from my screen name and transfer the image to any member of the winning team who wants it.

If I recall right Goulds is still hunting.

We have heard from tom21NM, page 3 of this thread, so I know he is around and with all of the log in problems this forum has had I would not be surprised if he is having log in problems. As for the contest if we win great but if we don't so be it. IMO the contest is supposed to be for fun and to get to know different hunters from around the country and vicariously live through their stories.

As for the avatar. I got the only avatar I will ever want.

I sent a PM to tom21NM and gouldshunter to see if they can let me/us know.

Dewey

       

eggshell

Postby eggshell » May 22nd, 2013, 4:12 pm

yes I know he checked in once Dewey, I was just wondering what happened since, it's been a month. I guess I need to learn to just keep my yap shut, I meant no offense to anyone. However the contest ends is fine, it is just for fun as you said. It would be nice to know just how we done as a team though. I'm sorry if my post sounded mean or like I was taking it too serious....

ylpnfol

Postby ylpnfol » May 22nd, 2013, 8:22 pm

dewey wrote:So here is what I figure our team total is so far.

Dewey - 1 mature tom & 1 jake---done hunting
Tom21innm - ???
Turkeyjohn - 1 mature tom & 1 jake---done hunting.
Gouldshunter - still hunting?
ylpnfol - 3 mature toms---done hunting
eggshell - 2 mature toms---done hunting.

Does this look right? If not please correct me and I will post this under the base camp thread.

Dewey

Just so nobody confuses me w/ a member of Barry's administration, the one I got on the last day was a jake, but I heard about it the same time that you did..... :roll:
David

You never know, unless you go

PreviousNext

Return to Team 2