2013 recap

ylpnfol

2013 recap

Postby ylpnfol » May 15th, 2013, 3:56 pm

well i'm done, what a GREAT season it was, i ended up tagging out today, my last day to go, and my very first afternoon turkey, i participated in 7 kill hunts this year, which was also a high for me, as i did go with other people more than i have in the past, and of course the double i got with my mentor was the highlite, the one i got today ain't the biggest, but i watched him come from 250-300 yds across the wheat field, just his head sticking up out of the wheat, i made up my mind i was gonna take him if he gave me a shot, which at times i didn't think was going to happen, when he got about 75 yds away he went to my left, out of sight, but i knew he was going to come up on the hill i was on, after a few minutes i started aggressive purring, he started clucking looking for me, and came back to the right and straight up the hill to me, a wonderful ending to a wonderful season.....guess i have to get to work now, lord knows i haven't done much of anything in 5 weeks, i'm sure the honey do list is long.....hey dewey-love that new avatar-i'm sure the antigunners will love it too :D
Attachments
revised last gobbler.jpg
revised last gobbler.jpg (125.61 KiB) Viewed 476 times
David

You never know, unless you go

kygobbler

Re: 2013 recap

Postby kygobbler » May 17th, 2013, 9:40 pm

David, glad to see that you was able to tag out this year and have a very successfull season over all. 7 kills is mighty impressive and I agree a lot of fun. My season last year was very similiar and wish every year can be like that. When does your fall season kick in? My shotgun season starts the 4th Saturday of October and Im already counting the days.

Congrats again on a great season.

ylpnfol

Postby ylpnfol » May 18th, 2013, 7:46 am

thanks bryan, it was good times, ole slick just wouldn't play anymore, he'd heard enough of me and after gettn shot at, well....[ pretty sure he's the SECOND one i missed ] our fall season starts the same time as yours i guess, usually the last saturday in october [ shotgun ], you can take em w/ a bow earlier, but then we're back to the miss thang :roll: , enjoy your summer, and keep them calls tuned up.....
David

You never know, unless you go

dewey

Postby dewey » May 20th, 2013, 3:43 pm

ylpnfol wrote:well i'm done, what a GREAT season it was, i ended up tagging out today, my last day to go, and my very first afternoon turkey, i participated in 7 kill hunts this year, which was also a high for me, as i did go with other people more than i have in the past, and of course the double i got with my mentor was the highlite, the one i got today ain't the biggest, but i watched him come from 250-300 yds across the wheat field, just his head sticking up out of the wheat, i made up my mind i was gonna take him if he gave me a shot, which at times i didn't think was going to happen, when he got about 75 yds away he went to my left, out of sight, but i knew he was going to come up on the hill i was on, after a few minutes i started aggressive purring, he started clucking looking for me, and came back to the right and straight up the hill to me, a wonderful ending to a wonderful season.....guess i have to get to work now, lord knows i haven't done much of anything in 5 weeks, i'm sure the honey do list is long

Hey David congratulations on ending the season with a literal BANG! Being involved in 7 kills this year is an awesome feat. Like you said now is the time to work on the honey do list and catch up on some sleep.

ylpnfol wrote:.....hey dewey-love that new avatar-i'm sure the antigunners will love it too :D

Thanks! That picture is/was the highlight of my spring season. I made sure that he had a thourough background check before I let him handle such a 'scary looking weapon of death.' :lol:

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

       

Return to Team 2