Remington 887

Guns, ammo, and more! What do you shoot, and why?
gutpiler

Remington 887

Postby gutpiler » May 16th, 2013, 10:24 am

Any body have an shooting time with the 887? Wasn't even able to run a full box of 3" shells through a brand new one and am sending it back to Remington for repairs.
For those about to hunt .... We salute you!

allaboutshooting

Re: Remington 887

Postby allaboutshooting » May 16th, 2013, 10:55 am

gutpiler wrote:Any body have an shooting time with the 887? Wasn't even able to run a full box of 3" shells through a brand new one and am sending it back to Remington for repairs.

I'm sorry to hear of your bad experience with your new gun. Hopefully, Remington will make it right for you.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means that he has another day and so do you."

gutpiler

Postby gutpiler » May 16th, 2013, 2:54 pm

Called them this morn and they told me to send it in. I said I wanted my money back but of course they won't do that.The problem is the Action Bar Lock bent after only a couple of shots.He told me he never heard of this happening before usually the problem is that it tries to double load shells.I also asked them what kind of shells I could fire through it and he told me it could handle any wich is one of the reasons I bought it in the first place.

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » May 21st, 2013, 3:43 pm

It's probably early but have you heard any more about your 887?

Thanks,
Clark

gutpiler

Postby gutpiler » May 23rd, 2013, 12:25 pm

Its down in illinois at Mann and son sporting goods. going to give them a call and ask some questions about this model.I'll let you know the outcome of the whole situation.

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » May 23rd, 2013, 10:38 pm

gutpiler wrote:Its down in illinois at Mann and son sporting goods. going to give them a call and ask some questions about this model.I'll let you know the outcome of the whole situation.

Mann & Son is about 45 minutes from where we are. John Mann is the owner of that shop and one of the best gunsmiths that I know. That shop has been there since 1946 and is a Remington Repair Station. John's a good friend. Please let me know if I can be of any help.

Thanks,
Clark

gutpiler

Postby gutpiler » May 28th, 2013, 11:47 am

Thanks for the reassurance... Called and talked to some one who told me he would look over my gun from top to bottom. Answered all my questions, very professional. Felt good when I got off of the phone with him. Waiting anxiously for my gun to come back.

gutpiler

Postby gutpiler » June 3rd, 2013, 10:02 am

On Friday 5/31 my gun came back from mann and son.They replaced the whole trigger assembly plate. Sunday I went to the range to shoot it.On the second shot the gun jammed.Figured out that If I pushed forward on the pump action I could cycle another shell through it.I did this for a whole box of shells and it was still malfunctioning.I don't know about you but I don't want to have to do this in order to cycle a round.Also this time I noticed that the barrel does not completely lock into place when tightened down.So back on the phone with Remington this morning, now I am sending it back to the factory in Ilion NY for evaluation. Should get it sent out in a day or two.....Will keep you abreast of any developments.....WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!! :x

allaboutshooting

Postby allaboutshooting » June 3rd, 2013, 11:42 am

gutpiler wrote:On Friday 5/31 my gun came back from mann and son.They replaced the whole trigger assembly plate. Sunday I went to the range to shoot it.On the second shot the gun jammed.Figured out that If I pushed forward on the pump action I could cycle another shell through it.I did this for a whole box of shells and it was still malfunctioning.I don't know about you but I don't want to have to do this in order to cycle a round.Also this time I noticed that the barrel does not completely lock into place when tightened down.So back on the phone with Remington this morning, now I am sending it back to the factory in Ilion NY for evaluation. Should get it sent out in a day or two.....Will keep you abreast of any developments.....WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!! :x

Certainly not what you'd want from a new gun. Did you have an opportunity to speak to John Mann about the problem? I'd be very interested to hear what he had to say.

Thanks,
Clark

gutpiler

Postby gutpiler » June 21st, 2013, 8:37 pm

Didn't speak to John Mann but finally got my gun back from the factory yesterday.they replaced the barrel (told me it was cut to the wrong length) and did some work on the trigger assembly. How a gun leaves the factory with so many defects is beyond me. Any way I took it to the range and ran a box of shells through it and it functioned perfectly. hope this means all the bugs are worked out.looking forward to sporting clay shooting with it as soon as possible.

Next

Return to Shooting