Team 6 Harvest Report

Gobblerman

Team 6 Harvest Report

Postby Gobblerman » May 6th, 2013, 8:44 am

I suppose it is time for us to start tallying our score. I know there are some team members that are still hunting, but for those of us that are finished, we need to report on how we did.

I (Gobblerman) was fortunate enough to take four mature birds this spring,....one each in Texas and Oklahoma, and two here in New Mexico.
I know Shaman has reported in as having been skunked this year.

Other team 6 members, please report in as to where you stand,..and if you are finished or still hunting....

Limb Hanger

Re: Team 6 Harvest Report

Postby Limb Hanger » May 6th, 2013, 12:54 pm

I'm still after'em Gobblerman, and hope to keep after'em until I harvest 1 (or 2) or May 31. I'm hoping for the sooner not the later. My first trip out was action packed, but no shots fired (noted on the NY thread).

Congratulations on your turkeys! I hope to hunt New Mexico one day. I made a box call for a friend, whom gave the box call as a tip to his guide in New Mexico. That box call helped to lead to the demise of 15 birds last year, no update on this year.
Meadowblaster Custom Turkey Calls

Just because he isn't gobbl'n, doesn't mean he isn't listen'n!

Limb Hanger

Postby Limb Hanger » May 28th, 2013, 8:02 am

I had a great season with quite a few close encounters, no birds harvested. But, as my Dad often said "You can't put bites in a skillet", or in this case close encounters with turkeys in the roaster. Most of my efforts were to get the land owners 17 yr old son to connect with his first bird. Saturday should've been that day, a couple of trees and briar thicket have now earned that long beard his nickname "Lucky". Yesterday there weren't any gobbles to be heard. Our excitement was a hen that seemed to spend an eternity feeding by our lone decoy; eventually she wandered to within a 1 yard from our feet. After the hen left, we both agreed that our day was complete.

Next year!
Meadowblaster Custom Turkey Calls

Just because he isn't gobbl'n, doesn't mean he isn't listen'n!

Steve_In

Postby Steve_In » June 1st, 2013, 6:00 pm

I put this in the wrong spot. Sorry tag soup for me.
Steve, I love "smoked" turkey

Return to Team 6